Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Miley Cyrus *Giving you up"
(I wasn't quite sure where to put this but thought "Dogs" would do.)

Okay...whatever we think about Miley Cyrus, this is a song called "Giving you up" in tribute to her dog who passed away whose name was Floyd. It is quite touching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ym0I7P-Y57c
I didn't know Miley Cyrus had lost her dog. I feel for her. She is clearly very upset. They must have been very close.

We all understand how she feels. Some losses are hard to take. She must miss him so much.

I hope she is able to give a loving home to another dog in particular a rescue dog. It won't bring  Floyd back, but it will honour his memory.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I have no time for the egoism and lavish lifestyle of most modern singers, but Miley Cyrus is a great animal lover. I had read about that in the past. Here is a brief article:
http://www.eonline.com/news/805545/meet-...-mary-jane

I believe that her grief is genuine and I feel every sympathy with the recent loss of her dog.
One thing I find touching is her total sharing with her audience and fans, about how she felt. No holds barred. To me, that is saying how much his life meant to her, and sharing grieving like that is not an easy thing to do.

Okay it wouldn't work maybe with a concert pianist playing Rachmaninov...but someone like Miley Cyrus can incorporate that into her songs and stage performance.
I didn't know she was such an animal lover. She already has other rescue animals. I am sure she will have others in the future.

Her loss is real. Maybe by sharing her grief she will help other people cope with their own losses. She sends a strong message that it is okay to cry and to feel. She is not the least bit embarrassed to cry in front of strangers. Good for her.
Catherine

Thank you for that link, LPC! I really didn't know Miley had such an animal family! Good for her. I live and learn.
We think we know people and then we find out that there is more to them than we imagined.  I am glad to hear that she is an animal lover. She influences a lot of people.
Catherine