Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy Birthday Tobi
Happy Birthday Tobi

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQLrBrKU0Hka3jCGXdvhRh...TansKBh1Q2]
I hope you have a beautiful day.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR6KkEYSvIxvcmLzJ64KRr...Hyp6P9OuVg]I am sure Sally cat would wish you Happy Birthday if she could.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-sDnmiQ5yA1t-uRBgUj-..._xiaiKVnEA]I am sure Koori will drop in.

Happy Birthday from all of us at Animal Lovers Web Forum
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQgNOCqR2FeHpCKHjgvHYi...BOJpL67_Bw]
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Thank you very much Catherine Smiley22 I had a very nice day.

Yes Koori did drop in -and Koori Baby -for their salmon paste sandwich at 9.30. They ate it in a field full of cows. They are not scared of a herd of cows.

Then I went to see Sally who wished me happy birthday then went to sleep.....so I went home!

Then I log-split a stack of green Hazel which I had cut in winter. Stacked them in the open garage to season 2 years.

Then I was visited by two dogs (and a lady) We had coffee. The big dog had rolled in something ....so that was a whole lot of fun! haha
We washed the dog in some warm water.

Then I cut some more wood, had a beer and some dinner....it has been a good day.
I wanted to come on here and wish you a happy birthday sooner, esteemed colleague, but was busy removing the garage roof (until this evening). Many many happy birthday wishes to you, Tobi!
[Image: happy_birthday_postcard_02_vector_160085.jpg]
Thank you very much for your kind birthday wishes LPC. Removing the garage roof must have been hard. Do you have to put a new roof on?

Oh...PS Catherine....It took me ages to notice the hidden cat in the birthday card "from Sally"! haha
That's still come to come, haha! For now, we have a roofless garage. The supporting timbers will have to be replaced first (distorted by age and dampness)
If ever you saw my "garage" dear LPC, it might be that you would think your warped roofless garage was des res! Smiley4 
(I am not kidding!) But at least mine does -at present -have a roof on it ....or at least the half of it I use to store and season llogs! The other half is....feral.
It sounds like you had a good day. I picked a hidden cat. I though that fit Sally and her strange ways.
I am glad to hear Koori and Koori baby are doing well.

We don't want to know what the dog rolled in do we. I am sure a bath made things smell a whole lot better.

I am trying to picture a "feral" garage. It sounds pretty wild. Smiley4

This must be a fix-it year. You took the roof off your garage, LPC, and I have removed some poor construction from the cupboard under my stairs. Now that the broken wood is gone I can actually nail the right stuff in place. Once everything is in place I can paint and make the space a useable cupboard.
You have a bigger job. Replacing timbers and a roof is much more work.

Of course log splitting sounds like a big job. If you are going to have heat for the winter you will need every log.

We are a busy bunch.

I am glad you had such a busy and interesting day.
Catherine

It was cow muck...(what the dog rolled in.) Not too bad, considering other options, but pretty stinky.

Yes....the feral garage....the less you know about that, the better. You could have bad dreams Smiley4

And of course, we are a pretty industrious crew, the three of us!

The wood I was splitting won't be any use for a couple of years, and is a non-essential summer job of preparing green logs which has to be done every year. This year's wood - completely seasoned -is already in a different place, and I shall add to it by October.
Quote:And of course, we are a pretty industrious crew, the three of us!
That describes us very well.
You are splitting wood for three years from now. That is really planning ahead. I didn't realize that wood needed to dry that long. Maybe it depends of  the type of wood.

Your feral garage is probably like the old tin garage that was here when I moved in. It was the stuff of nightmares. Tearing it down and putting up a fence and planting trees was the only way to erase the image. It was scary.

Cow muck is messy, but it would wash out. Pig muck or skunk spray would be a lot worse. Why do dogs like to roll in messy things? I know they are not as fussy as cats, but rolling in muck seems extreme.
Catherine

I really don't know why rolling in horrible things is fun for dogs. Maybe they are testing our 'unconditional Love' Smiley4 

Not all dogs do it. I was very lucky with Misty. She used to carefully walk around cow-pats...treated any poop as if it was nuclear fallout....and didn't show any interest in rolling in dead bodies. But she used to stand guard over any stinky old carcasses, to warn Jet away from them! Because, deep in her thoughts was the possibility of actually eating them! (she never did -phew!)

Yes I always prepare wood ahead of time. If there is any green wood it gets cut to season. It might take 2 years not 3. I am a bit of a Prepper!