Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good news for my family.
Thank you, Catherine. I am always proud of Anna but this is very special. Anna attends an ordinary state comprehensive school ie all abilities, all kinds of people and not a lot of funding. In order to even just apply to Cambridge Anna has had to study a maths course that the school don't teach, in addition to the maths they do teach. The school clearly want the best for her as they have found her the tuition she needs and are funding it for her.
I think they are amazed that a pupil from their cohort is in a position to apply.
As a family we are reasonably bright on the whole and most of Anna's cousins have gone to university, but no one has even applied to Cambridge (or Oxford).
Anna's Dad is very bright. He took all his exams early and went to Uni at 16 but was too young to cope and dropped out to become a professional musician for a year or two before doing his National Service. He is considerably older that I and although he is understandably proud of his other 2 children from his first marriage, I think Anna is the icing on the cake. (He has told me that he wonders if I had been the mother of his other two would they have done better academically. I just laughed and said it would have been a medical miracle for me to be their mother as we are almost the same age!!Smiley4)
I hope the new year continues to be as good for us and for everyone.
Greeting from Wales.
Hwyl Fawr o'r Cymru.
This is the web site of the rescue I volunteer at.
http://guinearescue.blogspot.co.uk/

Messages In This Thread
Good news for my family. - by Cibach - 01-05-2014, 09:55 AM
RE: Good news for my family. - by Catherine - 01-05-2014, 03:56 PM
RE: Good news for my family. - by Cibach - 01-05-2014, 08:59 PM
RE: Good news for my family. - by AnimalFamily - 01-06-2014, 03:48 AM
RE: Good news for my family. - by Catherine - 01-06-2014, 04:16 PM
RE: Good news for my family. - by Tobi - 01-08-2014, 09:27 AM
RE: Good news for my family. - by Catherine - 01-09-2014, 03:10 PM
RE: Good news for my family. - by LPC - 01-10-2014, 07:14 AM
RE: Good news for my family. - by Cibach - 01-11-2014, 06:06 AM
RE: Good news for my family. - by Reduckto - 01-11-2014, 10:38 AM