Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catherine's garden gets a wall.
The wall is actually at the back where people park and it is visible from the bridge and all the new condos in the area. It is a very public place and a private place at the same time. Also the dog walkers(there is a whole team of dog walkers) come out the back and walk past the garden every day all day long. They feel better because it feels like an active part of the shelter(which it is) and not just the back.  The entrance to the new spay/neuter clinic is there too. 

The whole back was just the back of the building at one point. Now it is a very active and public area. It is important that it look good. 

I don't know if the pictures indicate size, but the garden is 60 ft long and 6 ft wide. It is a big garden. The little shrubs in the picture will get quite big in a couple of years. 

The pincushion plants attract bees. They were on the plants pollinating while I was still planting them. Even when I was actually putting a plant in the ground the bees stayed on the flowers. There are milk weed plants in the garden as well. They are the plane that Monarch butterflies need to lay their eggs. Mother birds keep their fledglings in the garden under the rose bushes. When I am done the garden will be a city oasis of food and shelter for insects and other animals. It will be an oasis of beauty in a concrete jungle of roads and parked cars and sidewalks.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Catherine's garden gets a wall. - by Catherine - 08-07-2017, 12:23 PM
RE: Catherine's garden gets a wall. - by Tobi - 08-20-2017, 03:42 AM
RE: Catherine's garden gets a wall. - by Catherine - 08-20-2017, 04:14 AM
RE: Catherine's garden gets a wall. - by Tobi - 08-24-2017, 03:10 AM