Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think Koori has been shot
Again today there is no sign of Koori and the little one. I don't even hear the young Crow's voice. The electricity pole is abandoned. Three random Crows were in the field today but scattered when they saw me, so that wasn't Koori's tribe.

Koori comes when I call him. He knows his name, and knows it usually means a treat. They are always ready for their morning treat. Sometimes Koori would make a fly-over after they had eaten with one "caw"....it almost seemed like a "thanks". It was certainly a direct communication to me.
He would click his beak in greeting as I walked down to see Sally, or drop in to say hello when I walked in the orchard.

I only found one dead Crow, so wonder what has happened to the young one. If it tries to join forces with other Crows, I don't know what the reception will be like. I have not heard its voice in 2 days now. I don't suppose I would if Koori is gone, as the little one only made that noise to ask for food from Koori. Let's hope what he/she has learned in this last 4 months will stand him in good stead.

Yes they shoot Crows here. But it's rare I hear the shotgun so close by. The last time I heard it was in February in the Orchard at night. I know they were shooting deer. In February, the lady who lives at the Orchard house was boasting about "eating their own venison from the orchard". There is much stupidity here when it comes to wildlife. Deer are looked on as pests, though they do no damage to anything farmers/apple growers do. The apple trees are protected with sheaths until they grow bigger.
Crows are hated. Though why I'll never know. There are sheep here, but lambing season is over.

Shooting a Crow is better than putting it in a Larsen trap. But it is so unnecessary. They do no harm that I have noticed.

Blessings to my friend Koori, who has now left this world with all its silly ways, and has gone home to Spirit. He/she will remember knowing a human who was okay.

Messages In This Thread
I think Koori has been shot - by Tobi - 08-14-2017, 08:50 AM
RE: I think Koori has been shot - by Catherine - 08-14-2017, 12:33 PM
RE: I think Koori has been shot - by LPC - 08-14-2017, 08:19 PM
RE: I think Koori has been shot - by Tobi - 08-15-2017, 03:02 AM
RE: I think Koori has been shot - by Catherine - 08-15-2017, 10:32 AM
RE: I think Koori has been shot - by LPC - 08-15-2017, 08:50 PM
RE: I think Koori has been shot - by Tobi - 08-16-2017, 01:57 AM
RE: I think Koori has been shot - by LPC - 08-16-2017, 03:18 AM
RE: I think Koori has been shot - by Catherine - 08-16-2017, 01:45 PM
RE: I think Koori has been shot - by Tobi - 08-17-2017, 03:45 AM
RE: I think Koori has been shot - by Catherine - 08-17-2017, 04:01 PM