Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jake the dog finds a home
A widow who just lost her dog decided to adopt. She asked the shelter to show her the dog that had been there the longest, the one that no one wanted. They showed her Jake, a 12 year old dog with cancer. Jake is now happy in her home and her home is now a happy place because of Jake.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/terripous/this-...-a-shelter

Heart Jake is too precious and I bet he is a lot of fun. Even if his time is short it will be special time. I think Jake is lucky to have a home of his own to spend the rest of his days.  Melani is lucky to have Jake. They both win.   
Heart
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

A really touching story. I find that such stories really "get to me" and my eyes get watery.

I wish them both a lot happiness in their time together. The comments after the article have a lot of good stories of adoption, too.
I love stories like that. Melani took a loss and turned it into something good for herself and a little dog.

When you do something good like adopt a dying dog it is going to bring good back to you. 

Look what a joy Jake Krinkle Snake is for me. Taking him home  has been a good thing for both of us.
Catherine

That is a very moving story Smiley19  Jake is a nice little dog isn't he? He looks so relaxed and happy. How wonderful for him. I hope they have as much time as possible together before it's time for Jake to leave.
More time together would be better, but any time at all in his own home is a real gift for Jake. Loving and caring for a little dog in need has opened Melani up to caring again and that has been a gift for her. I really hope they have lots of time. That would be a real gift. We never seem to have enough time with the ones we love.
Catherine