The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kite flying in India kills birds
Every year Independence day is celebrated with the flying of kites, kites with string that is razor sharp and very dangerous.
Birds are sliced by the kite strings and many die. Even some humans have been killed. The use of sharp kite strings is dangerous in so many ways. It is heart breaking to see the hundreds of badly damaged birds who were doing nothing, but flying as usual. They can't see the kite strings and don't know they are there until they are cut.

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&...TVXGuOOhng

Kite flying is also done at harvest festival in January and again many more birds are killed.

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&...H4qu16z4tg

I am sure kite flying is fun(although I have never been any good at it), but there is no need to do it in a way that endangers birds. Surely they could use safe kite strings. Wouldn't it be more fun if you didn't have a pile of injured birds at your feet?

There is a campaign to stop the use of dangerous kite strings.

[Image: aefc16bfc995688df3dc362ec40b2553.jpg]

[Image: 3f3386524743492c7cf8c502cce1ba2d.jpg]

[Image: Maa-Save-Birds-Campaign.png]

[Image: Kai-Po-Che-Save-Birds-Campaign.png]

I hope the work they are doing helps to change the way people fly kites. It is too horrible to think that every year there will be a massive loss of bird life and terrible bird suffering. No bit of fun is worth the price.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Kite flying in India kills birds - by Catherine - 08-21-2017, 01:06 PM
RE: Kite flying in India kills birds - by Tobi - 08-23-2017, 09:57 AM
RE: Kite flying in India kills birds - by LPC - 08-23-2017, 07:56 PM
RE: Kite flying in India kills birds - by Tobi - 08-24-2017, 03:01 AM
RE: Kite flying in India kills birds - by LPC - 08-24-2017, 07:32 PM