Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grizzly Bear hit by car wins
A grizzly bear in Alberta decided to cross the highway. He was hit by a car. The bear is fine the car is totaled.

http://www.torontosun.com/2017/09/01/car...-bear-wins

Grizzly bears are a big animal. Even a young male carries a lot of weight. He would have a good layer of fat from a good summer of eating. The car just had the light bumpers that modern cars have. It was no contest. The bear wins and since he is a monitored bear we will hear more about him in future. 

Sadly too many animals are killed crossing highways. Just this once the animal made it.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Good for that bear! But can anyone monitor if he is injured? Hopefully he just has some bruises, but sometimes adrenalin can mask injuries, and the animal (or person!) can happily get up and run! I know, because it happened to me.
So let's hope that bear will still be okay.

Cars can be a nuisance sometimes.
The bear has a radio collar so he is being monitored. They know where he is and how he is. 
Grizzly Bears are big and solid so a small car wouldn't do much damage.

Someone I knew years ago, hit a moose under similar circumstances. The moose rolled over his car, landed on his feet and walked away unharmed. Sadly my friend was killed. Many animals die on the highways, but when a big animal is involved, sometimes it is the people and cars who are damaged.

They are still watching the bear and he is fine so far.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine