Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fingers crossed for Barrie
Barrie is eating and resting well and looks so much better. However, his damaged part dropped off today after I gave him a good soak(spa treatment with lots of back rubs). If it all heals up he will be fine. If he develops an infection it could be a serious problem. I can use the antibiotic ointment, but part of the damaged tissue is now internal. 

He did have a good poop which probably has not been possible since this happened. I am sure that felt very good.

Now I just have to hope natures healing powers come through.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Barrie is looking good this morning. He is walking around normally as if he feels good. I can't see any sign of infection. Just maybe he is going to be okay.

He is standing there right now and he is such a beautiful boy. Heart
Catherine

Kind thoughts to you as always Barrie!

He seems energetic and healthy generally from what you have described, which is a good sign that his immune system is probably working well, so with that, the care he has received, and the antibiotic ointment....he should be okay. Sending my best wishes.

When will you know any possible danger has passed? The hemipene dropping off was a good thing. But now as you can't see what's going on internally, when will he get the all-clear do you think? Is that if he carries on in a healthy way as he is doing now?
Barrie is back. He leapt at his food and ate with real vigor.  He is walking around normally and looking very alert.

Since an infection would develop internally only time and continued health will be proof that there is no infection. I will keep watching him for signs of trouble, but it looks good.   A friend lost a big savannah monitor to the same problem, but he developed an infection. He was a bigger lizard so it was harder to work with him  Barrie is big enough to handle and small enough to handle.
The hemipene came off at just the right time. It came off while I was soaking him so I timed it right. 

[Image: KFNQSJB21IJR2lugMXV7UHwX_9g4IydQMbfSYFm3...=w489-h275]
This is Barrie now.

[Image: flTwmfvj_CjuVSX6-5gp0zKYiQYjnzU5I4i4pc8P...=w155-h275]I think he looks very alert.

This is an interesting picture of him sleeping.
[Image: Zzvs8FxC3sZT3_P9q1gw95lqhgx1KP0byf7gOjQj...=w155-h275]It looks like there is two of him.

He is still living on clean towels. I want to make sure no dirt gets into anywhere and causes infection. 
He actually seems to prefer the towels and his eyes have been better since I put him on them. 
If I am going to keep him on towels he needs nice thick ones and they should be a pretty colour.
He is black and white, I think any colour would look good.
Catherine