Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spray sealant kills family pets
What a terrible thing to happen. It just shows us how seriously toxic many home improvement and cleaning chemicals can be.
I am so sorry this family has lost so many pets because of this. If the bathroom shower had an extractor fan, I suppose he thought it would be sure to take any fumes away. I don't feel this is his fault.
It is possible heat inversion caused this: when down-draughts occur because of a cooler temperature lower down than higher up, and so the extractor fan didn't work correctly....such as on a warm day when the house is cooler than the outside. Or perhaps owing to wind direction outside? Not every person is expected to understand anomalous weather conditions before using a household spray.

It is typical of the manufacturer to try to wriggle out of it by placing the blame on them for 'mis-use' and not reading the label. They should not be producing items which are this toxic! If such a thing is unavoidable, then the danger warnings should be printed in BOLD TEXT in bright red, not in small-print on the back of the can!

Messages In This Thread
Spray sealant kills family pets - by Catherine - 09-17-2017, 05:04 PM
RE: Spray sealant kills family pets - by Tobi - 09-19-2017, 10:17 AM
RE: Spray sealant kills family pets - by LPC - 09-19-2017, 08:31 PM
RE: Spray sealant kills family pets - by Tobi - 09-20-2017, 04:32 AM