Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sugar Glider
the first of April if everything goes well. I'm still trying to not get my hopes up. Cause I think the "breeder" might try to back out for some reason. I just have that feeling.
You will know in two weeks one way or the other.
I hope you get your baby, but if the breeder backs out you will find another one. She is not the only breeder.

I just hope after all this time that things work out for you.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

(03-18-2014, 01:10 PM)Catherine Wrote: You will know in two weeks one way or the other.
I hope you get your baby, but if the breeder backs out you will find another one. She is not the only breeder.

I just hope after all this time that things work out for you.

There was actually a breeder at Repticon. She let me hold one and I about broke down and got that one right there. It was so sweet crawling all over me. I could tell she was a little scared because of all the excitement of the show but she was adorable. She even had a pink leash on. I know breeders are at the flea market all the time so if all else fails then I have them. I'm starting to think though that I'll have to actually be the one to back out because of money. I got a speeding ticket that ate up some of the money I had saved for the gliders. Which would have helped get the boy fixed Sad I told my friend but she hasn't gotten back to me about it yet.
Ouch, one speeding ticket can ruin your budget pretty badly. Can you contest it? Were you going really fast?

You will just have to save up again. I hope the breeder understands and lets you pay some now and some later. How soon do you need to have him fixed? Can that wait?
Catherine

him getting fixed can wait. I do have a birthday the 31st but I doubt I'd make that money back. I was going 55 in a 40. I had slowed down before I saw him and turned his lights on but too little too late. She said that's ok and to let her know for sure later. But she said that lily will have more babies.
55 in a 40 zone is a problem. Everybody gets a ticket once in a while(except me, I don't drive).
Maybe the next litter will work out better.

What size cage is good for a sugar glider?
Catherine

(03-20-2014, 02:51 PM)Catherine Wrote: 55 in a 40 zone is a problem. Everybody gets a ticket once in a while(except me, I don't drive).
Maybe the next litter will work out better.

It was bound to happen sooner or later. But considering I've been driving for 7 years in May and just got a ticket I think I can live with that. I've done pretty good up until now. Not the first time Ive been pulled over though. I got lucky the other 4 times. My car yellow car is just too dang easy to see lol. I'm really not that bad, I swear, some of those were for blown headlights. My car likes to blow them at least once or twice a year and I it wont do it until I'm on the road at night. I have to keep a spare in my glove box just in case.
I got a speeding ticket once. It was quite a few years ago, and I am sure the fine has gone up a LOT since then, so am very good now, and always drive within the limit.

The cage for the sugar glider...it won't live there all the time? I guess there will be many times he/she will come out into the house? Is the cage more of a 'den-space' or 'bedroom-space'? Could a sugar glider go outside with you, into the garden? I suppose when he/she has bonded with you, it will be safer to go outside, because they will learn to come to you.

My neighbour has crates for the dogs. I never had one for Misty. Yet the dogs love those crates, and have come to look on them as their special 'bedroom'. She only puts them in there at bedtime, or for an hour after feeding time, to rest, and protect them against bloat.
One speeding ticket in 7 years is pretty good. Its the yellow car that's the problem. They can see it. When my neighbour had a red car she got all kinds of parking tickets. They ignore the ordinary cars or don't even see them.
I have never had a ticket, but then I don't drive.Smiley4

A lot of animals like their cage space as a safe haven. It is their personal territory. Inside their tank the corn snakes curl up inside a small hide(it is like a small cave). They could stretch out, but they like the security of a small cave. I can have them out, but sometimes they don't want to come out.

I understand that sugar gliders come out and can be carried by their owners. They would not wander around on the floor alone. The cage would be the secure place where a sugar glider would feel safe sleeping and eating.
I know my terrariums are a home and habitat for my lizards. The bearded dragon will come out, but the skinks do not like to be handled much. They are happy with the life they have. I would think it would be similar for a sugar glider. The cage could be an interesting place and the animal would feel at home.
Catherine

the only time they would be confined to the cage would be the first few weeks when they are getting to know me and then later just when they are asleep. Once they are bonded it's hard to get them to leave you. If you put them down in the yard and then run away they will hop after you. It's so adorable. But it looks like The gliders will have to wait a few more months or another year. I was sooo close but now so far Sad I guess my Leopard geckos can keep me busy until then.