Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
100 year old crocodile shot
Someone has shot an Australian crocodile that was 100 years old. He was one of the largest crocodiles in the world. 
He controlled his river and kept the younger ones under control. Now without a leader there will be serious aggression until a new top croc emerges.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/nature/857...-Australia

By killing this crocodile the criminal who did this has taken more than a life. He has taken the stability of an ecosystem. He has also taken the 100 years of experience that this crocodile had. I don't know if crocodiles pass on wisdom from generation to generation. If they do then a lot has been taken from the crocodile population. Even if he only taught by example the loss is still terrible.  
I hope they catch the person and make them pay the greatest penalty ever. They should be forced to learn just how much damage they have done. 
I can't imagine why anyone would kill such an iconic figure. There should be a written record of people who do such things. Maybe there should be a plaque along the river comemorating the crocodile and naming his killer. You do something like this, history should know about it.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine