Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Hurricane Harvey pets come to Canada
The Barking Mad Dog Rescue in Texas was destroyed by Hurricane Harvey. They are barely managing to care for their animals. 
The Moggy Cat Rescue from Windsor Canada sent a couple of vans and some people to Texas where they took some of the rescue cats and dogs and brought them back to Canada where they can be  adopted into good homes. 
These animals were homeless before the Hurricane so they are not lost pets.

http://windsorstar.com/news/local-news/w...xas-floods

Getting all the previous strays out of the area will help shelters that have been badly damaged and it will make it easier to reunite people with their lost pets.
There is much work to be done to rebuild after a disaster of this magnitude. Continuing to rescue animals is essential. It will be some time before local shelters can function at full capacity. Every effort being made to evacuate strays helps take the pressure off a system that is not really working right now. I am glad to hear that rescue groups are still going to Texas to pick up animals. It will give them the opportunity to find loving homes. I am just trying to picture a Hurricane Harvey dog experiencing his first Canadian winter. I hope someone buys them winter coats.

That little puppy is one lucky dog. He was just in time to catch a ride to a new life.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine