Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gucci goes fur free
This is big. Gucci has a lot of influence in the fashion industry. If they can pledge to go fur free then so can a lot of other fashion designers.
The put it so well when they say that the "Use of fur in the fashion industry is "outdated". 
Using fur in fashions is no longer acceptable or necessary. 

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&...cDiwCgUpFD

They plan to sell off anything with animal fur and donate the money to animal causes. 
This is a total change in attitude from what we normally see in the fashion industry. It is an admission that they need to change. 
It is a commitment to change. I hope they are able to follow through with their pledge and I hope they bring other fashion leaders to see the need for change.

Well done Gucci!
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Yes -well done Gucci! Let's hope that all the other fashion houses will follow suit! Gucci have made a good strong statement. This is a very positive change.

Soon hopefully, the use of leather will also become outdated...
I used to think (back in my dinosaur days) that leather came from cows which were slaughtered humanely after a decent life in the fields! And that it was just sensible to use every part of the animal, including the skins.
I certainly know differently now; both about cows, and about the stories of leather.
Very good news, indeed!
If Gucci can go fur free and still be a success then the other big names in fashion can do the same. If the big fashion houses go fur free, then the other clothing manufacturers can do the same. It is a chain reaction in a good way. It is important now that animal lovers support Gucci the same way we support the companies that don't do animal testing of their products.

Leather is going to be harder to get rid of, however when there are suitable alternatives available some company will take a chance and use it. We will have to make sure we all support a company that replaces leather.

We all thought milk, meat and leather came from happy cows who led good lives and then were humanely killed. Now we know the truth and we struggle to find ways of changing how we live. Some day things will have changed. For now we win the war against cruelty on battle or one company at a time. 

A few years ago no company would have considered giving up fur. There is definitely progress.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine