Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Condo Pets
Increasingly humans are living in Condos. Having a pet is now seen as something people do when they finally grow up. So people buying condos are going to be having pets.
Condo management is going to have to accept this fact.  Less and less condos have no pets rules. Their may be some restrictions, but there will be pets. Now it is up to the pet owners to look after their pets and not let them bother other people. 
Whatever happens pets in condos are here to stay.

https://www.thestar.com/life/homes/2017/...-life.html

Pets in condos are going to change the designs of neighbourhoods. Dog parks and dog services are going to need to be part of the original design. Buyers won't be attracted to dog unfriendly buildings.

This is a big change from buying a house in the suburbs and getting a dog for the children.  However we change how we live we always seem to need a dog in our lives. We need pets as much or more than pets need us.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I can't help liking this!  It is generally difficult to find apartments which allow pets. That is so unrealistic, as so many people have animal companions. I was searching places for someone I know in Oregon some time ago, who was upset and had given up hope, and it was incredibly difficult to find "pet friendly" apartments. (I suggested a trailer in a trailer park -and she was horrified!)

So this is very refreshing news! Let's hope the idea spreads.

"Sally's house" (where the little cat lives who I am looking after) is managed by people who organise luxury short breaks. They immediately knew that a pet friendly letting arrangement would be conducive to better business. They must have made a small fortune this year, as the place has barely been empty for four days at a time since January! Plus Tobi has met lots of doggies!
People are going to have pets. Trying to keep them out of condos and rental places is just not going to work. People challenging the rules and winning.

Condo living is a little different than renting. People own the unit. They have some say in what goes on in the building.  Dogs are being accommodated. What is interesting and hopeful is the fact that they are building places that are set up for people to have dogs. There are dog parks built into the design of the building. 

It is like the bicycles in the city. They are changing the roads to create bike lanes and set up bike stands for parking bikes. 
Condos are now being built that have locked bike parking lots.

People want things so the builders have to notice and provide them. 
It is hard to find pet friendly places now, but I think it will change.

What is wrong with a trailer. There are some nice ones.
Catherine

I have a few pet friendly condos and apartments around me but I prefer a house. Fennec loves to just chill outside for hours on end. He couldn't do that if we lived in a place without a yard. I actually got my last 2 snakes, Iroh and Zuko, because of an apartment not allowing nontraditional pets. Strictly dogs and cats only. I do love seeing places that allow pets become more of the rule than the exception.
A dog prefers a house, but many people will never be able to live in the city and have a house. That is why reptiles are becoming more popular. They can live very well in an apartment or condo.

How could the condo management even know about the two snakes? They don't make noise or need to be walked. Once they are set up they are the least disruptive pet ever.

I think we will see places allow pets as pet owners challenge the so called laws of condos and apartments. The rules violate our right to have pets. We do have a lot of rights.

How is Fennec?
Catherine