Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stop "maximum pain" experiments on dogs&pups
Quoted from the petition site on Force Change.com:
"The Hunter Holmes McGuire VA Medical Center came under intense scrutiny after the research facility conducted maximum-pain experiments on puppies as young as six months. Maximum-pain experiments are experiments in which significant pain is induced and is intentionally not relieved."

Please sign the petition and share:
https://forcechange.com/379639/ban-resea...s-on-dogs/
This is horrible. I signed the petition and posted it elsewhere.

This kind of cruel experiment where pain is deliberately inflicted has been going on for decades. Different university or medical center and a different set of researchers, but the same deliberate cruelty. 
Enough already, we know what happens when you inflict pain on animals. 

These people should lose their licenses and have their degrees revoked.  They should be charged as the animal abusers that they are.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Horrendous! An outrage! But I have to go out so will come back to this...
It's like Nazi concentration camps....for dogs.
Some obviously passed away. Bless their dear Souls. And those who are still living and enduring this. May it end as soon as possible.
Just signed the petition. I have also started threads on Animal Forum and Petforums(dot)com.

I hadn't heard of this issue before. Thank you for making us all aware of it, Tobi. Let's hope lots of signatures will make the medical centre think again. It is disgraceful that these sorts of maximum pain experiments are not only allowed by the US Govt, but actually funded by it!
I wrote a short letter to the White House about this, including the petition link. One is invited to write to the President....(although I seriously doubt if President Trump will read all those emails, or even whether the vast majority will be ignored, after a polite "receipt of your email".)
Anyway, I found it impossible, as a non-US resident, to fill out the email form. Contact boxes which had to be filled in or the email wouldn't send, had no options available for non-US residents.
You could probably catch the president on twitter. I don't know how he would respond to this issue.

These kind of experiments have been going on with variations in different countries for years. I can't imagine what they think they are going to learn. Pain has been studied in humans and animals for centuries.  If they wanted to study pain they could work with vets and study animals that are sick or injured. They also could learn how to stop the pain. 

These researchers seem to be more interested is being the ones who cause the pain. How does this make them different from animal abusers and serial killers who like to cause pain. 
They should be investigating and closely watching anyone who wants to do a pain study. There is something wrong with these people.
Catherine

It reminds me of those "emotional deprivation" studies which were conducted on young Monkeys. What good can come of sadism? Becausethat's what this is. The ones involved in the so-called "studies" have cognitive dissonance. They are brainwashed to cut off their natural heart-centered feelings and think that is a virtue. They think they are "scientists".
You are right it is like those studies. They made so many baby monkeys suffer maternal deprivation so that they could say a monkey deprived of its mother felt deprived of its mother. It didn't take a study to prove that. They are still doing studies like that on baby monkeys.

I think you are right about the cognitive dissonance. These people are not normal. They can inflict pain, emotional suffering, fear, anything like that and they feel nothing for their test subjects. They lack basic empathy. Not everyone is deeply empathic, but they feel nothing.

People like that won't stop their acts of cruelty so we have to make them stop.
Catherine