Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Traces of Alzheimer's detected in some animal species.
Alzheimer's can be very hard to detect at first and it was not behavior, but autopsy results that showed brain changes consistent with Alzheimer's. Right now it is chimps and dolphins that have been looked at. In some brains there were signs of the changes we see in human brains of confirmed Alzheimer's patients.

This opens up the whole research to new areas of study. The dolphins and chimps have been exposed to very different things from each other and from the humans with Alzheimer's. This could have a positive effect on research. It could also be an excuse to abuse animals in the name of research.

https://gizmodo.com/traces-of-alzheimer-...1819769344

I am sure there will be some abuses, but I like to think that some sensible researchers will find a way to use animal data without injuring animals. If there are other species with Alzheimer's we should be looking very closely at what do we have in common with these animals. We could study DNA from samples from living donors and see if there is a genetic link. Maybe there is an environmental factor we are still missing.
However this works out this is very big news. We did always think of Alzheimer's as our problem. Now we know we are not alone with it.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Let us hope....that those animals will be treated with kindness and respect, not used as "things" and a commodity for Alzheimer's research!!

I know this is a bit "conspiracy theory" and anyone is welcome to laugh at me if they wish, but geo-engineering and weather/"global warming" control has put a lot of aluminium into the environment at least in the last decade or two. This has been literally proven -at least through analysis of soil and mountain water samples on Mount Shasta (which should be pristine virgin territory unaffected by general industrial pollution.)
It appears there is a monumental amount of aluminium (as well as Barium, Arsenic and other things) -far more than might have occurred by being brought down via rainfall weather patterns, from distant industrial areas.
You are right that there are larger amounts of aluminum and other elements in the environment because of human activity.
There is also an increase in the number of people with Alzheimer's. Now we have found signs of Alzheimer's in Dolphins and Chimps.
Is there a connection? That is something we haven't proved. It also isn't disproved.

Alzheimer's develops over a period of years. Whatever causes it may predate any symptoms by many more years. 

This is a pretty good article from a reliable source.

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&...G8VXQqepBu

We just don't know enough about Alzheimer's. There are  so many variables. Finding that some animals develop Alzheimer's signs in their brains seems to add a whole new set of variables. It also might give us the key to solving the problem. What do we have in common with the animals that do have Alzheimer's. Certainly pollution is worth looking into. There could be some factors there that increase the risk. 

There are a number of studies going on trying to understand the causes. Studying animals could increase our knowledge. By studying, I mean observing. I don't think experimenting on animals is the answer.  Experiments tend to look at whatever the scientist wants to look at. Observational studies would look at the animals in their natural environment. The environment could be tested and the onset of symptoms could be documented. The data would be meaningful because it would be a record of what is happening. 

I hope someone does take up the research in a meaningful way.
Catherine

"Al is a neurotoxicant in animals and humans. It has been implicated in the etiology of sporadic Alzheimer's disease (AD) and other neurodegenerative disorders, although this is highly controversial." - from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11130287 - and that is a well respected medical site.

Increased aluminium levels are well documented. They have shot up owing to deliberate cloud creation (presumably in a vain attempt to reduce global warming, as aluminium particles in the atmosphere reflect the sunlight). Here is one example of trails appearing on a sunny day - and the sky turning grey within half an hour:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLcSn5INQbM

(You may wish to turn off the spoken commentary, so as to concentrate purely on what happens).

I have seen the same happen often here in France. I have my own photos of dramatic criss-cross trails (like a chess board), which then thickened and turned a blue sky thick grey in the space of a couple of hours

Catherine, I am not seeking to divert the original topic of this thread. The topic of Alzheimer's is serious and it is now affecting animals as well as humans. I am just mentioning that aluminium seems the one thing which has definitely increased in the atmosphere over the last few decades - and it definitely has a serious effect on the brain. So it could well be a common environmental factor which is causing the recent rapid increase in Alzheimer's.
Quote:Catherine, I am not seeking to divert the original topic of this thread. The topic of Alzheimer's is serious and it is now affecting animals as well as humans. I am just mentioning that aluminium seems the one thing which has definitely increased in the atmosphere over the last few decades - and it definitely has a serious effect on the brain. So it could well be a common environmental factor which is causing the recent rapid increase in Alzheimer's.

I think this is right on the original topic. Current studies are looking at genetic links and life style issues. Diabetes and cardiovascular health definitely have a link to AD. Head trauma has a definite link. These things put a person more at risk for AD.
They don't explain the increase in AD or its presence in animals. The fact that we are seeing Alzheimer's Disease in chimps and Dolphins puts us back to looking at the environment.

They have looked at Aluminum as a cause for AD, but I think they were looking for too direct a link. They want to be able to inject Al and get AD. It is not that simple. We have increased the environmental background levels of Al. It would be everywhere and in everything. We breath it, we drink it and we eat it. So do dolphins and chimps.

That video is interesting. I didn't realize there was so much work being done on cloud formation. That would be one way Al is getting into our environment. I suspect it works like low level exposure to carcinogens. We all get exposed, but not everyone develops cancer. Some are more susceptible. That doesn't mean the carcinogen is not the cause. It is the cause, but some people are able to handle higher levels of exposure. 

We are all exposed to Al. Since we have increased environmental level of Al we are experiencing greater exposure. That would also explain why AD increases with age. We are looking at prolonged exposure. It increases our risk. Less susceptible people will still avoid the disease the same way some people don't develop cancer. Only some of the dolphins and chimps will show signs of AD. We may find signs of AD in other animals. It is quite possible that Al is the link to AD. If it is, we have a problem. We have exposed the whole planet to higher levels of Al. We can't unexposed it. We need to reduce the environmental levels of Al to something more natural. 
On an individual level we may need to find ways of reducing the Al levels in the human body. I don't know how we are going to help animals that we have put at risk. Right now therapies are directed at people who already have developed AD. It could be more effective to treat people who do not have AD disease to stop its onset. We are probably now all at risk for AD.
Finding AD in animals is a very bad thing. We should be worried and we need to go back to looking at the environment as the basic cause of AD.
Catherine

Very well said Catherine.

These are very interesting well-made documentaries about geo-engineering. They are both full-length:
What in the World are they Spraying?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jf0khstYDLA
and
Why in the World are they Spraying?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGsi7JaV6gs
I took a quick look at the documentaries. It is very late here so I will watch them tomorrow. There was a bad car accident right where my bus pulls out of the station and there were wires down everywhere and power poles. The car even knocked over a mail box and they are concreted to the ground. So the bus quickly took a detour in weird direction and it ended up that the closest the driver came to my stop was further away than where I first got on the bus. I walked because there was no other way.

So movie time tomorrow. Should I make popcorn?
Catherine

No popcorn. You might get indigestion after watching the videos! Best watched on an empty stomach, haha!

When I have more time, I will post a couple of contrail photos I took in France a few years ago.
I watched those two again yesterday. They are not exactly "happy movies" to watch but are very informative. I wolfed my way through half a bag of pistachio nuts while watching! ....but then I am greedy Smiley4 
Of course there is some upsetting element to that information. However, I have not noticed too much unusual tree die-off in my area. Here, some trees do shed branches and eventually die, as is the natural course of events, but nothing worrying....so far.
However, if there is Aluminium "chaff" being introduced into the environment, even at high altitude, then over a period of time it is bound to affect all species, water sources, soil quality, etc..

In my area I have noticed that there are days when absolutely NO thick trails are present. Sometimes, those are weekdays, when one would imagine there would be just as much air traffic....
It is also possible to obtain data which shows the usual flight-paths of aircraft, and to compare that data with those persistent trails. They do not match up.
Commercial airliners, at least, do not fly systematically, in repeating grid patterns. Neither does a normal "contrail" start and stop, with big gaps in it along its length.
I have made it through most of the first movie. It is heavy watching. It is pretty clear that Aluminum is being introduced into the environment by spraying. I have never seen contrail patterns like that. Of course they wouldn't be able to do it over an area that has a lot of normal air traffic. Toronto has two active airports. They must be using more air traffic open areas. 

Whatever the reason for the spraying there has been little regard for the consequences of the spraying. Keep in mind they did above ground nuclear testing in the USA for years with little thought for the consequences. This seems to be a consistent theme, let's do something dangerous and pretend there are no risks. 

So the result is higher aluminum in the environment. Aluminum is highly toxic and specifically neurologically dangerous. 
We are seeing an increase in neurological diseases. Finding a direct cause and effect link could be impossible, unless the aluminum in the Alzheimer's brain tangles is a specific match for the aluminum sprayed.

So proving the link might be a waste of resources at this time. I consider the presence of Alzheimer's signs in Dolphins and Chimps to be enough proof that there are environmental links. Now the big question is how do we fix this. Can aluminum be removed from the human body? Can we remove it from the environment? We better start trying.

The people who put the aluminum in the environment are just as susceptible as the rest of us. I wonder if they ever think about that or do they already have Alzheimer's disease.

(Yes I did eat during the movie. I made myself a proper tea with jam and cheese and crackers with some wonderful pumpkin chai. It takes a lot to put me off food)
Catherine