Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
8 Things our pets hate about our homes
I think the title says it all.  There are things about our homes that our pets don't like. It is good to think of what our pets think of our homes and ask whether things work for our pets. I know slippery floors are a problem for most of our pets. Nasty smelling cleaning products are also bad and I am sure pets hate them.

http://www.mrt.com/realestate/article/8-...346957.php

I wonder what pets think about the silly dishes people give them or the wrong sized pet beds.
I wonder if my reptiles have an opinion on this. I just changed the type of light bulbs I use. Do ,my reptiles like the new lights or would they like the old bulbs back.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Slippery floors are always bad for dogs. Skidding about like that when you have claws that don't retract is dangerous. It puts terrible strain on joints and ligaments. Okay....I know laminate floors are great to keep clean....but dogs don't need to hurt their legs/knees/hips. Rugs, strategically-placed are useful. And preferably rugs that stick to the floors one way or another, and don't become skidders themselves!

Haha....beds that are too small....(you'll never hear any animal complain about a bed that is too big!) They like to stretch out sometimes when they sleep. It's nice to have room to do that. Lots of cats don't mind curling up in a fairly small bed. Some cats manage to sleep in the tightest, weirdest places, like little sinks....but dogs like spaaaaaaace! Smiley4 

Smelly household cleaning products. They hate them. They are not wrong. Those products are bad for them. Likewise, plug-in deodorisers, air fresheners, etc. Their sense of smell is something like 100 times more powerful than ours, and even I can't stand things like that. Imagine how they must feel!
I hate most of the cleaning products on the market. They are nasty and they smell nasty. I have always used a mild dish soap to clean pet dishes and pet cages/tanks. I always rinse. If I have to use vinegar to deodorize I don't spray it around, I don't use too much and I rinse it off with clean water.

When I chose a floor I got one that wasn't too slippery. I didn't want to risk slipping either. If your dog can't walk on it safely, is the floor safe for people. We forget our balance isn't always the best.

When you think about it, the things a dog might not like about your house might not be safe for you either.

Years ago we painted our hallway "toothpaste" green. As soon as the cats saw it they hissed at it. When you think about what that colour looked like, the cats were right. Just for the record, I didn't pick the colour.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine