Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Animals seized from hoarder home
The pictures are shocking. There were 50 animals living in squalor in a small home. They lacked basic food and water and a clean space to live. Some of them had untreated health conditions. All have been taken back to the shelter where they will be cared for.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...tions.html

I am glad they are rescued and can now begin better lives. Some of the young ones have probably never slept in a clean bed or been groomed. I sure food was an issue for them. Once the case is settled they will be able to find good homes.

I just have to wonder how things reach that point. Did the person not stop and look around and realize things were a mess? Did the neighbours not notice something was wrong. If only someone had called for help sooner the animals would have been helped sooner. What is the saying, If you see something say something. I think that applies in many different situations. It certainly should apply where animal welfare is concerned.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

What a terrible mess.
The poor animals look well fed (ish) but the human in charge of them doesn't appear to have cared how they must feel, or the health dangers for them. I bet they all have never (or rarely) seen the light of day or breathed fresh air!
I understand the person didn't live there so the dogs were not getting out for walks. One picture shows a big dog in a little crate.
I don't know what kind of set up the birds had. The situation wasn't good. Those little dogs barking didn't look too happy.
It is sad when animals end up like that. I wonder if it was a puppy mill? There were a lot of little dogs running around. 
They might have been producing puppies.

I am sure they feel much better now that they are clean and cared for.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine