Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pet food delivery service
Kibble on Wheels or Chow To Go.... whatever you call it the idea is good. A company that delivers meals to people who need home delivery of food recognizes that people are giving up their own food to feed their pets. Delivering pet food regularly solves the problem. People can feed their pets and eat their own meals.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/business/...qWNPM8vJI/

This really is good. It is so beneficial for people to have pets. If someone needs home delivery of food they are unlikely to be able to go out for pet food. There is a real need for this kind of service. If it starts in one area and is a success then the idea will spread. So few pet stores deliver. I hope we hear about this idea catching on. Some people are faced with giving up their pets because they can`t get food. This will solve the problem.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

What a great idea! I hope they also have recipes apart from kibble?! I can see that as a good business idea.

I always got half of Misty's food delivered. It came from about 250 miles away! Only because I had researched natural dog food, and that was where the supplier was based. There was a delivery charge, but as so many businesses do, they gave you free delivery if you spent over a certain sum. But not everyone can do that perhaps, or may not have thought about it?

So long as the pet food delivery service keeps its prices competitive, it should do well. And there are many creative ideas it could include, such as dried/frozen "ready meals" for animals. (nothing to do with kibble! lol!)
It would be nice if they delivered some good meals to people's pets. Kibble and a few packets of food might be all some people can manage. Many seniors have trouble with cans. Kibble would be better than eating part of the owner's dinner. It would be better balanced nutritionally. Proper cooked meals would be better of course.

Toronto has a number of stores that will deliver food. If you include pet food in the order they will bring it with the people food.
I wonder if Amazon delivers pet food. They certainly are willing to deliver just about anything else.
Catherine

Smiley4  I couldn't stop thinking of recipes for frozen or freeze-dried dinners today! The dinners could come in pouches which are easy to boil-in-the-bag or microwave. Or in the case of freeze dried -just re-hydrated.
There could be different sizes for the weight of (dog, let's say)...and different recipes for cats. And maybe some vitamin/mineral supplement added.

People who hadn't even thought before of giving dogs and cats meals like that (to go with their kibble) may be willing to try them if they were not too expensive and easy to store and prepare.
Your meal idea sounds delicious.  Just thinking about specially prepared gourmet meals for pets makes me hungry.
This could create a new problem. Seniors would stop giving their meals to the pets and they would start eating the pets meals.
Why not. They would be as tasty and nutritious as people food.
Catherine

Oh -how mean! Not giving their dogs and cats the meals! But seriously, they could always order extra for themselves! The meals I imagine would be perfectly fine for humans to eat. Maybe a bit bland because they wouldn't have salt and pepper....but that can always be added. It's about time we started giving dogs and cats human grade food.
The only thing is though, there might be a need for an additional supplement which could always be included in a little sachet, like a sauce to put on the food?
I am sure if a company started producing special meals for dogs and cats that would pay careful attention to dietary needs. They could list the meals by  pets they are suitable for. There could be as et of meals for diabetic cats and special meals for pets with kidney trouble. There could be senior pet meals just like there are for humans.

How about a special dinner for two meal that has parts for the human and parts for the pet and parts that are shared. There is probably a market for such a meal.
Catherine