Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Holiday Pet Food Guide
We all know there are things our pets can't eat, but it is good to check out the list. With Christmas approaching and holiday foods becoming more abundant it is good to be clear on what is safe and what is not.

http://www.newsobserver.com/living/pets/...47403.html

Every year pets are harmed by foods and some even die. A quick look at the list and a bit of planning can save an emergency trip to the vet or even save your pets life.  

For some reason our pets are just like us. They want to eat all the things that are bad for them.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Great thread Catherine! Many of us who already think we know what is safe for animals to eat, and what isn't -still get surprises. For instance, I didn't know until about a year ago (!) that Avocado is toxic for dogs. Fortunately I had never given any dog Avocado, as I thought they wouldn't like it. That's very lucky!

But in "Holiday season" there are so many foods which animals shouldn't have. It can be such a dangerous time for them.

I "stuck" your thread to the top Catherine because it is very important.
I never thought about sticking the thread. Good idea. I thought it would be a good thing to post a list of toxic foods so people can plan  a safe Christmas with their pets.

It isn't just what is safe and what is not. It is not good to overdo the treats even if they are healthy ones. Our pets need to eat their own food and have the treats as extras and not too many extras. 

That is good advice for us too. Smiley4
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine