Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dog upset that pet store is closed
This is funny. Someone out walking their dog at night walked past their pet store. The store is closed, but the dog refused to believe her.

https://www.google.com/url?rct=j&sa=t&ur...HFBzcJdLxw

I love the look on his face. He just can't believe that it is closed. He keeps trying to get in.

I saw someone at my local mall having a tug of war with his dog leash. He wanted to go to his car and the dog wanted to go to the pet store. It was a small  pug sized dog, but it was determined to go to the pet store.

Dogs are so funny.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Awww! Sammy is a dog who believes the pet store should have 24 hour opening times and night staff! Quite right too, Sammy!

I hear you....I feel like that about my village shop. Huh Confused Smiley13
I know the feeling. I stand at the closed bakery looking at the coveted cupcake in the window and know that I am too late. Unlike Sammy I know that I will have to come back another time.

A 24 hour pet store! That would work for people who have nocturnal pets. The geckos would display well and finally be seen as active. I am not sure who would want to work in a 24 hour pet store.
Sorry Sammy, I don't think it is going to happen.
Catherine

24 hour opening would be great for dogs who get sudden food cravings in the middle of the night....

And yes, for Geckos.
I could see someone going to a 24 hour pets store a 4am because they have run out of their pets favourite food.

Actually there would be a use for a 24 hour pet store. There was a 24 hour vegetable store across from the subway station. I asked if anyone really buys broccoli at 4 am. Yes! People coming off odd shifts are still quite awake and want to shop before they go to bed. People going out to really early jobs could shop before work. It would work the same for a 24 hour pet store.

I used to leave home at 4am to get to a residence kitchen  by 5 am so I could serve breakfast by 7am. I was much younger then.
I had to walk because the buses were not running yet. 
I also worked a job that ran from 4pm until 2am. It would have been great if I could have picked up pet food on the way home. 
We used to go out to dinner and there were several restaurants that happily received us and served a full meal at that hour.
We always got great service because there were few people out and about at that time.

Maybe Sammy is right. His pet store should have been open for him. After all he wanted to shop. Well maybe he knew they had a free samples dog biscuit tin. Smiley4
Catherine

I once did that early morning breakfast shift at a hotel in Mayfair London. I had to be there at 5.30 am. I remember how shut down everything was at that time. But things have changed now in cities, and the city never really sleeps. Dogs know that and would be willing to get up in the night to make it to the 24 hour pet food place to get free treats!
I have gone out for a late night walk and passed my 24 hour grocery store and bought carrots for the guinea pigs. If the pet store was open I would probably buy pet food at odd times on occasion. 

Sammy is right, they should have been there for him. After all, if I want a late night/early morning Timmies coffee or a McDonalds cheese burger I don't have far to go.

That early morning breakfast shift was tough wasn't it. Even in a busy city, things get quiet for a few hours in the early morning.
There was never anyone around when I left for work.
Catherine