Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things we say to dogs, that would be creepy if we said them to people
Can you imagine it...?

http://uk.screen.yahoo.com/things-dogs-3...57082.html
I am still laughing.79
It is a wonder that dogs put up with us. When you listen to what we say to them, we do sound silly. Smiley4 Dogs are such nice people, they love us anyhow.Heart
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Very funny video. Loved it! It does have serious side, though. It shows that we are occasionally a little condescending in our attitude to some beloved pets - although as Catherine says, they still love us (and we love them)!
Yes I had to laugh...but I never actually said ANY of those things to Misty. We held our own conversations. Many of them were sensible. Some were silly....but she didn't mind. She was amused if we were silly sometimes.
I am sure I would not like anyone else to hear how I talk to my animals, but I do not talk down to them. Being a little silly is okay. We can only really do that with a pet.

None of my pets do tricks or follow instructions. I have to talk to them as equals. I think they consider me an equal. I am never sure with the snakes. I think they like me, but it is always hard to know what they are thinking.
The dogs in my life adore me. Dogs are the best thing that ever happened to the human species.
Catherine

I think they like us to communicate with them in words, although they don't always know what each word means -they get the gist of the conversation.

Misty never did tricks. Not even one. I refused to teach her tricks. (we had enough to do! lol)
90% of the time she was off-leash, in our wonderful countryside. So there were basic safety instructions she had to respond to quickly. She learned fast and I never had to tell her twice. These were:

*Car coming. Get right in, now. (to get on to the grass verge off the lane. Cars are rare along the lanes but they can come up quickly. It got to the stage where she would get in to the side without me asking her to.)

*Here. (usually with a quick whistle....a call to come straight back to me.)

*Stay....wait.

*Drop it. (if she picked up anything to eat. Usually that was something horrific, but interesting to dogs, and which stank....like rotting crow-parts. But I was always aware that in countryside there could be poison bait around. I never saw any, but it was always at the back of my mind.)

*No! (when she wanted to chase a deer.)

That was about it for Misty's orders.
When there is trust between you and your dog, your instructions are not commands, they are the loving remarks of a friend who warns of danger.

You and Misty clearly had that trust. She knew you were looking out for her.

I use words when I talk with any animal. I need to use words for myself so that I can focus on what I want to say. When I say the words my non verbal communication fits and I think animals can pick up on our non verbal clues. I know return communication has to be non verbal. Oddly my snakes do manage to communicate. I "hear" what they are saying. I may not get it right away, but I do get it. They probably think I am a little slow.Smiley4
Catherine

there are some of those I'd like to use on humans! "Bad! bad! get down! Off!"
I know the feeling.Smiley4
Fetch wouldn't be a bad command either as long as the person brings what we want. Dogs seem to be smarter about things like that.

The only command a guinea pig will follow is "eat", but they do very well. Smiley4
Catherine

Sometimes I talk to Payne just like I would another human. It scares me sometimes, lol.
One day she particularly freaked me out. I was lying in bed and she was passing through. I said in a perfectly normal tone: "Payne, you wanna get in bed with me?" Without hesiation, she lept onto the bed, much to my surprise!!!
One thing I need to point out is that she sleeps in Bock's bed all the time, but knows our bed is off limits.
I swear she knew exactly what I was saying. She had to know the words or was reading my mind. Either way it was pretty freaky!!!
This has happened with other things as well. I swear she understands English, lol!!!!

....Oh and I couldn't watch the video. Seems it's been removed. Sad
[Image: m0223.gif] Come join the fun! [Image: m0218.gif]
mypetsonparade.com