Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things we say to dogs, that would be creepy if we said them to people
I used to have events like that with Misty. I could have sworn she knew exactly what I was talking about -even when I once used a phrase I had never said to her before....
I used to talk to her if I had jobs to do in the kitchen, and she was lying on the sofa in the next room. Just so she knew I wasn't shutting her out by being in a different room.
In the middle of a lot of everything I was saying, I said "Where's my dog?" And the next minute she showed up, wagged at me and left the room again.

Another time, towards the end of her life, I was cutting some brown bread in the kitchen....all the while talking to her. Nothing happened. I stopped doing that and went to do another task, still talking about this and that to her, in the next room. Then at least 5 minutes later I said, "I used to have a dog who came in begging when I was cutting stuff on the cutting-board....now she's gone, and I don't know where she is any more!"
Guess what? She came trotting in and started begging. I gave her a tiny bit of the crust of the brown bread.
Quote:....Oh and I couldn't watch the video. Seems it's been removed. Sad

I wonder what happened. It was really funny. (I just checked the link and it works. Maybe you caught it at a bad time or else you internet connection just can't get Buzz Feed.)

I think animals understand a great many words. I don't know about the reading minds. I hope not. They are already out thinking us. Smiley4
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine