Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Victory! Pit Bull ban lifted in Montreal
The pit bull ban in Montreal happened because of an incident where a  woman was killed. It was a reaction, not a well thought out idea. It didn't make people safer. Many people did not like the idea. A lot of people pushed the have the law removed. They were successful.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/m...-1.4458038

It is too late for any dogs that died because of the ban. At least now the rest have a chance. It was never the bit bulls who were a danger. They need to focus on teaching responsible dog ownership. If one pit bull ban can be lifted then maybe many others can be lifted. Maybe pit bulls will get a chance again.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

It's good to hear Pit Bulls are being treated like dogs instead of our own worst enemy. Prejudice against them is unfair. Every dog has to be assessed on his/her own merits.
The only thing I am unsure of is this....the opposition mention those Pit Bull owners with a criminal record. It is true that sometimes those with criminal intent get a Pit Bull and train it up for violence. I think someone has to keep an eye on that situation.
Quote:The only thing I am unsure of is this....the opposition mention those Pit Bull owners with a criminal record. It is true that sometimes those with criminal intent get a Pit Bull and train it up for violence. I think someone has to keep an eye on that situation.
The problem is the dog's owners again. It is always the owner. If a criminal has a dog and plans to use it for violent purposes, it is not the dog's fault. Certainly it is not the fault of the breed of dog the criminal is using. You are right though some owners need to be watched.

If the criminals don't have pit bulls they will use another breed of dog. Banning pit bulls didn't protect us at all.

I hope the Ontario pit bull ban is lifted soon. It didn't stop dog bites the way they thought it would. People are being bitten in bigger numbers, but by different breeds.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine