Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obsolete vaccine animal test dropped
The European Pharmacopoeia Commission and the United States Department of Agriculture have dropped the requirement of to outdated and unnecessary vaccine safety tests. The Abnormal Toxicity Test and the Target Animal Batch Safety Test account for 15% of the lab animals used each year. These tests have been determined to be outdated and unnecessary.

http://www.humanesociety.org/news/press_...11818.html

Many lab animals will be spared because of this. It represents a shift in thinking. We have had this mindset that we should test everything on animals. Many of these tests date back to an earlier time when we didn't have the knowledge or options we have now.
If we can make a big change like this then we can make other changes in how we test things. Moving from an animal testing model to more modern reliable methods is a change that is long overdue. 

If we can drop these two tests then we can make a lot of other positive changes. Just say no to animal testing.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

This is good news. I hope those countries which still require batch testing will also drop out soon.

" The test was almost fully deleted from the European Pharmacopeia in 2012". I don't like the word "almost".
Almost is a loaded word. It can mean we almost never do something. Or it can mean that we  have made almost no change and are still doing something.
Remember the word almost when you were a kid and the question was "have you done your homework". Almost meant I haven't even started it, maybe tomorrow.

I don't understand why we cling to out dated methods that never really gave us results anyhow.
People rush to get the latest phone even if their old one isn't old and still works  perfectly fine. 
Why do we cling to outdated useless tests that were always cruel and should never have been done.
Humans are not consistent in their thinking. Why are we not clamouring for the latest lab methods, the ones that use alternatives to animal testing.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine