Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dog suffering from allergic rash
I never thought of adding herbs to my vinegar. Excellent advice.
I keep a spray bottle of vinegar by my sink. Each time before I wash my pots and pans, I give them a spritz of vinegar, and then scrub them. They are much easier to clean and have zero buildup. My pots and pans are over 30 years old [stainless steel] and look as nice on the inside as the day I bought them.
I'm going to try some essential oils [lavender, to start] since I don't have any fresh or dried herbs right now, except for chives......hmmmm wouldn't that be yummy, lol!!
I will do that right now before I forget. I will let you know if it works.
[Image: m0223.gif] Come join the fun! [Image: m0218.gif]
mypetsonparade.com
Quote:I never thought of adding herbs to my vinegar. Excellent advice.
I keep a spray bottle of vinegar by my sink. Each time before I wash my pots and pans, I give them a spritz of vinegar, and then scrub them. They are much easier to clean and have zero buildup. My pots and pans are over 30 years old [stainless steel] and look as nice on the inside as the day I bought them.
I'm going to try some essential oils [lavender, to start] since I don't have any fresh or dried herbs right now, except for chives......hmmmm wouldn't that be yummy, lol!!
I will do that right now before I forget. I will let you know if it works.

I never thought about using vinegar on my pots and pans. I have a set of stainless steel pans and I can see how vinegar would help.

I use vinegar in the snake tanks to clean them. I wash with dish soap and then spray with vinegar and then rinse with water. It really leaves them clean. Herbs in the vinegar would be good. Rosemary would be good because it repels bugs(mites).
Lavender essential oil might give a nice scent to the vinegar. I have lavender essential oil. Come the summer we will have lots of herbs again. It would be interesting to combine herbs and come up with a really pleasant smelling vinegar cleaner.
Yet another reason why we wish it was summer and not winter.[Image: smiley-chores001.gif]
[Image: smiley-chores023.gif]
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Hmmmm, don't start me thinking, lol!
mypetsonparade.com
When I smell vinegar I want to eat a snack. It makes me think of pickles and pickled herring and of course pickled eggs. If we add herbs I am really going to want a snack.

You may have noticed that many things make me want to snack.[Image: smiley-eatdrink051.gif]
Catherine

Eeeeep I forgot to reply to this!! Thank you so much for the help, guys. She said the dog is doing much better now!
Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time. --Steven Wright / http://www.zyggywebs.com / tech support & web design, I'm always happy to be of assistance!
That's good to hear!! Did she say how she cleared up the rash?

Update: Just wanted to say I added some grapefruit essential oil to my spray bottle of vinegar. It really does smell so much better. It has a lovely citrus smell now. You can still slightly smell the vinegar but it smells soooooo much better!!
mypetsonparade.com
I never thought of adding essential oils to vinegar. It would need to be a strong scent like grapefruit, but it would be fresh and clean smelling.
I must look around and see what scents I have.

I am glad the dog is improving. Like most rashes, they will never really know what caused it and they will never be sure why it went away. Maybe they helped and maybe it just went away on its own.
Can you imagine what it is like to be a dermatologist? You would never know what you are doing or whether it does any good. Huh

I hope the dog continues to improve.
Catherine

As a dog owner, it is important to educate yourself about allergy symptoms and treatment options to help keep your best friend comfortable.
(01-07-2014, 02:00 PM)Catherine Wrote: When I smell vinegar I want to eat a snack. It makes me think of pickles and pickled herring and of course pickled eggs. If we add herbs I am really going to want a snack.

You may have noticed that many things make me want to snack.[Image: smiley-eatdrink051.gif]

When I smell vinegar, I am reminded of English chips! And feel much the same as you about it!
(Crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside...)

But oooh! Poooh! When I put vinegar on my grass matting to clear the mould, it smelled like a fish and chip shop in my house for 3 days!
Quote:When I smell vinegar, I am reminded of English chips! And feel much the same as you about it!
(Crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside...)

But oooh! Poooh! When I put vinegar on my grass matting to clear the mould, it smelled like a fish and chip shop in my house for 3 days!

I just remembered that on Friday I am going to be working near a Fish and Chip Shop. I think I better have the lunch special. I can almost taste them just thinking about it. Smelling like a fish and chip shop sounds yummy, but maybe three days is a bit to much.

I assume the dog has recovered from his rash by now.
Catherine