Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A defender of Bees and Butterflies
Smile 
We hear so much about people who hurt bees, I felt it was time to hear about someone who does them good.  Bob Moosmann works for the Department of Transportation in Maine. How does that relate to bees? He is in charge of all the roadsides along the highways.  He has done lots of good things over the years, but right now he is working at restoring the road sides with Native Plants that will provide food for pollinators. 

https://www.google.com/url?rct=j&sa=t&ur...hg91OKVoaQ

Bringing back native plants to the roadsides will provide so much for the local bees and butterflies and many other types of animals. There  are roads everywhere. If each one had a pollinator habitat on both sides it would make a big difference to the survival of wild bees. 

If this goes well the idea could spread to other areas. It is a step in the right direction. At a time when there is so much bad news about bees, this is some good news.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

What a thoughtful man Bob is. If everyone thought about the bees and pollinators and planted something it would be a better world for bees and butterflies. That is a very good idea.
It is my hope that there are a lot of Bobs out there doing the right thing and making a difference in their own part of the world. 
The planet can be saved by large efforts and we do need to make large efforts to fix things. The planet can also be saved by the small efforts of many.  Every bit counts and Bob is making a difference. I really hope his idea spreads. If not, I hope the seeds he has planted spread. That will work too.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine