Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dog person vs. cat person
Wow, your Leo....
I was scared of Lions when I was a little kid. You would easily have beat me and my Bonzo (stuffed toy dog) by setting Leo on us....we would have hidden under the bed! Smiley4 

How the invisible dog stopped buses. Okay, you asked for it.
Invisible Dog went with me everywhere. I was approximately age 5 and 6.
I fed it (invisible food) and I gave him/her instructions. I held him/her on the end of an invisible pink lead. We travelled on a lot of buses, from here to there, mostly to relatives' houses. I am sure Invisible Dog had a name but I can't remember it. I also can't remember if he/she was male or female. But he/she was a medium sized dog with a proper shape for a dog and a long-ish nose. He/she had short hair, but I can't even remember what colour.

Many a time Invisible Dog would do unpredictable things....such as not following instructions correctly etc.  This was never a cause for annoyance, just a repeat of the instructions and kindly guidance.

Getting on buses was usually easy. Invisible Dog jumped on board happily. Getting off buses was not always straightforward. Sometimes Invisible Dog would choose that moment to do unpredictable things such as sniffing at something. Mama would get off the bus first, and I would follow, always holding the lead tightly and encouraging Invisible Dog to leap down on to the street.
On a few occasions after I had got off the bus, invisible Dog was stuck behind accidentally. The bus conductor had already rung the bell for the driver to take off. I would suddenly shout, "Stop the bus!"......
The conductor would ring the bell again, afraid he'd done something terrible. The bus would lurch and there was a squeal of brakes.
....."My dog hasn't got off yet!"

Mama would usually try to get me away as quickly as possible by grabbing my hand and telling me to march -now.

Unfortunately Invisible Dog did this more than once.

Messages In This Thread
Dog person vs. cat person - by Catherine - 01-29-2018, 04:34 PM
RE: Dog person vs. cat person - by Tobi - 01-30-2018, 04:28 AM
RE: Dog person vs. cat person - by Catherine - 01-30-2018, 12:46 PM
RE: Dog person vs. cat person - by Tobi - 01-31-2018, 12:11 PM
RE: Dog person vs. cat person - by Catherine - 01-31-2018, 03:40 PM