Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dog food recall--contamination with euthanasia drugs
Some of the brands on the recall list have been involved in other recalls and pet food scandals.

We already know that pentobarbital gets into the food chain from euthanized animals. 
Some of it is from pets/shelter animals, some from horses and some from other animal sources. Since this is already known, then why is nothing being done about it. Why is this happening again. They were probably hoping the concentration was low enough that it wouldn't be noticed. Mostly this is true. That is why they get away with it. Someone slipped up and too high a proportion of euthanized animals got into the mix.

The company is recalling the food to avoid law suits and they are unhappy they got caught again. They are not unhappy about the source of the drug. They plan to keep using rendered products.  

I don't know if there is any way to stop this.  We just have to stop buying their products.  The ideal would be to make your own safe pet food from human grade meat. I don't know if there are smaller local brands that would have a better ingredients list. Buy a slow cooker and have a good stew going for you pet. It will be safer and you will know that it is safer.

I know Barrie my 3 foot Tegu lizard was eating some dog food when I got him. I stopped doing it and I stopped the raw eggs. 
He is much healthier since I got him. Maybe there was something in the food that was harming him. 

I would be unsure of some human foods. Their ingredients lists are a bit suspicious.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dog food recall--contamination with euthanasia drugs - by Catherine - 02-20-2018, 04:03 PM