Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dog food recall--contamination with euthanasia drugs
I think I remember that case. All four dogs were poisoned by the drug, but the one that ate the most got a lethal dose.

The problem isn't in the actual dog food manufacturing plants. The problem is in the suppliers of the meat they use.
The company is responsible for the source of their meat supply. They need to be more vigilant. Clearly they got more than chunks of beef in their order. The label on the can is misleading. It gives the impression that there are big pots of beef stew cooking in the plant that are hand packed in cans. 

It is disturbing to know that dead horses and pets are part of our pet foods. Since these animals are usually killed with pentobarbital how could they ever be cleared for use in pet foods? Even if they were not killed with a toxic drug it is still disturbing that dead pets end up in cans of pet food.

Why is pet food so badly regulated. We serve pet food in our kitchens using utensils that we use for ourselves. We wash pet dishes in the same water where we wash our own dishes. We might even use the same dishes. We can't say that humans are not  coming into contact with pet food. If it kills pets it is only a matter of time before a human is effected. Pet food should be regulated the way human food is regulated.

That still wouldn't give me peace of mind. There are human food recalls all the time, but for different reasons.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dog food recall--contamination with euthanasia drugs - by Catherine - 02-21-2018, 03:55 PM