Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woman admits online to killing a dog
An online gamer during a live streamed interview admitted that while she worked as a Vet Tech she deliberately killed a dog. She did it because she didn't like the owner.

https://nypost.com/2018/02/28/online-gam...ing-a-dog/

It is a shocking abuse of her power as a Vet Tech that she did this. It is hard to believe that she would openly admit it  and seen not to care. 

https://www.polygon.com/2018/2/28/170629...ats-reddit

It looks like there are going to be consequences for her now in the online community. 
That is a good, but what about the dog? 

Can charges be laid now? She should lose her status or licence as a vet tech. Would you ever trust her with an animal again? 
If she is still working in that capacity her employer should know. I wouldn't want her to look after one of my animals.

It makes you wonder about the people who care for our animals.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

And she responded as if that was just some slightly dark "naughty" thing she once did....

Patel's reaction to that "gamer's revelation" is totally appropriate:
"Patel posted on Twitter after the incident, calling animal abuse “completely unacceptable and morally reprehensible.” He said that Scott was removed from the stream due to her comments and will not be allowed back on his platform." (quoted from New York Post.)

It's indeed chilling that a nice-looking young woman as she is, could do a soul-less thing like that to an innocent dog just because she didn't like the people much. It's quite frightening to know there are people like that about and you can't tell by looking at them.
Quote:It's indeed chilling that a nice-looking young woman as she is, could do a soul-less thing like that to an innocent dog just because she didn't like the people much. It's quite frightening to know there are people like that about and you can't tell by looking at them.
The online community has shut her out. They were right to do it. It was a very cold callous admission. 

What she did is a total violation of the ethics of her job as a vet tech. How common is this behavior? She certainly gives a bad name to vet techs. They should very quickly distance themselves from her.
It makes me wonder about some unexpected animal deaths. Did someone do something they shouldn't have done? 
Why aren't vet techs better supervised?
How was she able to kill an animal and no one noticed?

Maybe vet clinics need to do some reviews of how things are done. After all, a 4 year old dog died. Did no one ask why?

Years ago(the early 90s) we had a serial killer couple in Ontario. Karla the wife worked at a vet clinic and she stole drugs to give to her 15 year old sister to knock her out so they could rape her. The sister died as a result of the medication.
How was Karla able to take these drugs from the clinic. Why are they not better controlled?
There are cold hearted scary people out there. They shouldn't be able to do things like kill animals in their care or steal dangerous medications.

I would like to see some kind of review of unexpected deaths just in case.
Catherine

Not just vet techs (called veterinary assistants or veterinary nurses in British English).....

Let's not forget that vets are capable of horrors, too. Remember this one? https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/employees-spe...-1.3072293
You are right. I forgot about the St Catharine's vet.  He quite openly abused animals and no one stopped him.
Even though there was actual video proof of his actions he suffered no real consequences.

https://www.cp24.com/news/crown-drops-al...-1.3662395

The vets can be abusive. The vet techs can be abusive Now we know why animals don't want to go to the vet. 
Maybe their experience there is not what we think. I wouldn't want to leave an animal over night. I would be scared. 
I have always had doubts about the time our cat died from what should have been a routine procedure. He was young. Why would he have died. Whether it was deliberate or someone made a mistake, I have always doubted the vet.

There are some great vets and great vet techs, but there are plenty of bad ones. Now we know there are malicious ones. 
I think they need way more supervision and monitoring.

It will never happen. They don't monitor human deaths. A nurse in Ontario was just convicted of killing 8 seniors in her care.
Did no one wonder that people who were not close to death died when she was looking after them.
Catherine