Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The next BIG step
Your snake is really very young. She still looks like a baby.  You will know more about her when she is bigger and you know what colour she is.

The person I know who broke the snake's tail while popping it, was an experienced breeder, but he has big hands. I have never considered him careful enough. Your hands are finer and more dextrous and that would help. A Colombian red tail is a good sized snake even as a baby so you have more to work with. I would never try to pop a corn snake. They are so fragile as young snakes. When they are bigger it is easier to tell by tail length and thickness. 

Even if you weren't looking for a boa, deep down inside you know you wanted one. I hadn't planned the get a Brazilian Rainbow Boa, but when I had the chance I couldn't pass it up. It is too bad you didn't get the Kenyan Sand Boa. They are really pretty.

Melisandre will take years to reach ten feet,  if ever. You kind of grow into a big snake as it grows with you. I am glad she has a stable home with you. Sometimes the bigger snakes get passed around from home to home because people are not sure how to handle them.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
The next BIG step - by Libby - 03-05-2018, 02:28 PM
RE: The next BIG step - by Catherine - 03-05-2018, 03:58 PM
RE: The next BIG step - by Libby - 03-06-2018, 01:50 PM
RE: The next BIG step - by Catherine - 03-06-2018, 05:19 PM
RE: The next BIG step - by Libby - 03-09-2018, 01:43 PM
RE: The next BIG step - by Libby - 03-09-2018, 01:55 PM
RE: The next BIG step - by Catherine - 03-09-2018, 04:27 PM