Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pocahontas had her babies
this evening at 5.40 pm and I was there to see. Although I couldn't actually see much because she had her back to me but I did manage to see that there was at least 4 babies. Unfortunately one was DOA (a white one with a black face).

I will check them in the morning and see exactly what I have.

Big Grin
Congratulations to Pocahontas. I hope the surviving little ones are doing well. I look forward to seeing their pictures. Sad about the black and white. It is my favourite colour.Sad
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

There are 3 babies, 2 sows and a boar and they are all doing well. Here's a photo of them. Will take some better ones later.

[Image: DSC00519_zpsfa551a57.jpg]
These babies are very pretty. Again, you have a nice mix of colours.
I can't wait to see how they turn out. Two of them look like they have wavy hair.Smiley4
Catherine

(12-28-2013, 05:49 PM)Catherine Wrote: These babies are very pretty. Again, you have a nice mix of colours.
I can't wait to see how they turn out. Two of them look like they have wavy hair.Smiley4

Here they are at 3 weeks old;

Sophie
[Image: DSC00580_zpsc175886d.jpg]
[Image: DSC00581_zpsa6094012.jpg]

Marcellus
[Image: DSC00583_zps5651c021.jpg]
[Image: DSC00584_zps0fb72665.jpg]

Davina
[Image: DSC00588_zps3459afa3.jpg]
[Image: DSC00590_zps376dc1ab.jpg]
I love the name Davina. It is pretty. Where did the names come from this time?

I love Sophie.Heart She is such a funny little bit of a thing.
Marcellus is a fine looking piggie and Davina is pretty. Davina is really pretty!Heart
The whole litter is really special. Are you keeping anyone?
Catherine

(12-29-2013, 09:55 AM)Catherine Wrote: I love the name Davina. It is pretty. Where did the names come from this time?

I love Sophie.Heart She is such a funny little bit of a thing.
Marcellus is a fine looking piggie and Davina is pretty. Davina is really pretty!Heart
The whole litter is really special. Are you keeping anyone?

This time the names came from the TV series The Originals. Belle's babies also have the names Elijah and Niklaus which are also from the show.

At this moment I am keeping all three. I want to see how they develop especially the curly ones. I want to get a line established with these and they happen to be Cupid's line. These are his grand piggies.
Ah yes, Cupid again. He really is Top Pig. His children are beautiful and his grandchildren are beautiful. I love this litter. They are interesting. I can't wait to see how they turn out. The colours and coats are amazing.
I love Davina's face.

Clearly you have TV shows that I have never seen.
Catherine

(12-29-2013, 12:56 PM)Catherine Wrote: Ah yes, Cupid again. He really is Top Pig. His children are beautiful and his grandchildren are beautiful. I love this litter. They are interesting. I can't wait to see how they turn out. The colours and coats are amazing.
I love Davina's face.

Clearly you have TV shows that I have never seen.

They are amazing aren't they? I've been waiting and wanting to produce some curlies with their hair long. I thought Flynn was going to turn out like that but his hair stayed short. Then, I sold the first one that showed potential and the second one died. There is no way that any of these are leaving.

The Originals is a new American show and it's a spin off from Vampire Diaries which I never actually watched. I love anything to do with vampires, werewolves and other supernatural creatures.
Quote:They are amazing aren't they? I've been waiting and wanting to produce some curlies with their hair long. I thought Flynn was going to turn out like that but his hair stayed short. Then, I sold the first one that showed potential and the second one died. There is no way that any of these are leaving.

The Originals is a new American show and it's a spin off from Vampire Diaries which I never actually watched. I love anything to do with vampires, werewolves and other supernatural creatures.

So Flynn is a short hair. He is still really cute. Does he carry the long haired gene? These ones are keepers. They have nice colour and markings, but it is their hair that is special. Sophie is like a wire haired dog. Is her hair soft or bristly? It makes her look so winsome. It takes some planning to establish a line with just the right traits. You are getting really nice looking babies and some nice variety. I can't wait to see how they all turn out.

I have seen some of the Vampire Diaries. I did not know it had a spin off. I like the show, Supernatural. I think we all like the vampire werewolf thing. I also like anything with aliens and dinosaurs. Add a volcano or a tornado and I am hooked. So a show where vampire dinosaurs from another planet encounter a tornado while the volcano erupts, I would watch that show.Smiley5
The plot might be a little complex, but it would never be predictable.
Catherine