Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Twelve year old named volunteer of the year
Sturgis Animal Shelter has just named Abby Johnson their volunteer of the year. She is an amazing young woman. At 10 years old she organized a fund raiser at her school for the elephants of Mali. nearly $1000.00 was raised.

When she was dropping things off at the animal shelter she decided she wanted to volunteer. She was younger than the usual volunteer, but they let her try and two years later she is a faithful volunteer. I am glad they decided to recognize her hard work.

http://www.bhpioneer.com/local_news/for-...7faba.html

Abby is a young animal lover with a good future ahead of her. Whatever she does she will make a difference. Animals will benefit from her efforts. I am glad we got to hear about her. She is part of the hope for the future for animals. We may never hear about her efforts again, but we know she is out there doing good.  If the future lies in the hands of people like Abby, we are going to be alright.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

(04-04-2018, 03:41 PM)Catherine Wrote: Abby is a young animal lover with a good future ahead of her. Whatever she does she will make a difference. Animals will benefit from her efforts. I am glad we got to hear about her. She is part of the hope for the future for animals. We may never hear about her efforts again, but we know she is out there doing good.  If the future lies in the hands of people like Abby, we are going to be alright.

Bless her! What a lovely person Abby is.  Heart Her love and work will always make a difference.
She has a sensitivity and a maturity that goes far beyond her age. She deserves any recognition she gets. I am sure she inspires the other volunteers at the shelter.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine