Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dog dies during grooming at Pet Smart
My opinion is that people should do what LPC and his wife do with Forgy. Surely it's not rocket science to learn how to brush, comb, bathe a dog you love and who trusts you. It's a bit more tricky to learn how to trim the dog's coat properly or clip its nails safely, but it can be done.
In a relaxed home environment it doesn't even matter if you can only trim two nails at once, then have to wait an hour to do another two. And the same with using a clipper or some instrument to cut the dog's fur.

I do remember a comb/clipper thing when I was a little girl. My mother used to cut our hair with it. It was a comb basically with a blade inside (may have been a double comb.) The blade was safe between the teeth of the comb so it wasn't possible to cut yourself on it. It was hand held, not electronic. When she used it, the feeling was just like having your hair combed. Very pleasant.
I wonder if those things are still available?

(later editSmile well look what I found. This is on Amazon.com but I am sure similar can be bought on other sites:

https://www.amazon.com/RAM-PRO-Personal-...ir+trimmer

I know there are some dogs who cannot bear even being combed or parts of their bodies touched. There are ways around that as LPC does with Forgy.
And if a dog can't stand that and makes it a difficult job to do, then why would someone send that dog to a groomer's, where it will be 10 times worse?

People do too much rushing about, so dropping their dog off at 8am and picking it up in worktime lunch hour is convenient. They also are rushing about and think they haven't the time or patience to do it themselves. But mostly I wonder if it's that some people would rather skirt their options and just pay someone to do it for them?
Then there are some people who project their own ideas onto their dogs! They think a dog enjoys being made all clean and pretty again by a bunch of strangers in a "salon" ! Some even ask groomers to spray perfume on their dogs!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dog dies during grooming at Pet Smart - by Tobi - 04-10-2018, 01:31 AM