Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Live shipments of animals to Israel protested
On Saturday night protestors in Israel gather to march against the live shipment of animals to Israel. On Saturday morning 
protesters in Australia gathered to demonstrate against the loading of animals on ships bound for Israel. 
Around half a million animals were shipped live in 2017. On one ship 2400 sheep died in transit.

Now that there is film footage showing just what the animals endure people want the live shipments stopped.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/thousands-...to-israel/

It makes no sense to keep subjecting animals to such appalling conditions. The losses are so high and the condition of the surviving animals so poor that it hardly makes economic sense. 

The possibility of shipping is there and it is safer and more humane.

What possible justification can there be for continuing the live shipments?
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

The sooner this is stopped, the better. At least a lot of people are now aware of the horrors of live export and against it.
I think now that the video is out it will be impossible to justify shipping live. People in the countries shipping the animals are protesting. People in the countries receiving the animals are protesting. 

Once the truth is out about something this horrible it is hard to hide it.

I admit I have only watched part of the video so far. It is very distressing. The animals endured all of it so I owe it to them to watch the whole thing.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine