Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sad loss for Queen Elizabeth
I just read that Queen Elizabeth has lost her beloved Corgi, Willow. My heart goes out to her. We all know how hard it is to lose a pet. I can sympathize with the fact that Willow was the last descendant  of her first Corgi, Susan. Somehow it feels like your pet is still with you if you have one of their descendants. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...illow.html

I am glad to read that she still has dogs. After all those years with dogs it would be sad for her to have no one. I am sure they are a comfort to her, but no dog could ever take Willow's place. Willow joins many other Corgis who are waiting on the other side  of the rainbow bridge. I wish her a happy reunion.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Dear little Willow. Yes she'll be waiting on the other side. Apparently the Queen lays small posies on her dogs' graves. It is true, we can't forget them.
I read an article in the newspaper about this a couple of days ago, and heard that in recent years the Queen has not been getting new dogs. She doesn't want to leave them behind....just in case. I am not sure, but think she might be down to 3 Corgis now.

I can't even begin to imagine the "rush of dogs" Queen Elizabeth is going to meet when she crosses over! Smiley4  I don't think anyone will be able to move this way or that for doggies!
It will be a veritable flood of Corgis when the Queen joins them. A little like me with the hamsters only bigger.

I understand that the Queen has one Corgi that belonged to a friend who died and two Corgi Dachsund crosses.
It makes sense that she would not want to leave a pet behind. That is very responsible of her. Of course I would expect no less. 
Queen Elizabeth has always been a very good example of dog ownership. 
I shall miss thinking of her having a house full of Corgis.
Catherine

I have often met the Queen on walks....
....in dreams! haha Smiley4 

She didn't have Corgis with her though, but black Labradors and only a couple of them. We would stop for a chat, and talk about dogs, or the woods, etc. Usually Misty was with me (that was when Misty still lived with me). Once the Queen was a bit lost  in a "dream woods" which Misty and I often went to most nights! So I told her the best trails to get out or around the woods.

LOL!
You have such interesting dreams. I could picture you and Misty meeting the Queen in the woods. You would have a lot in common. I am sure Misty would have known how to meet the Queen. She had her own sense of dignity. I am sure there have been times when the Queen could have used someone to guide her "out of the woods". Hers is not the easiest job on the planet.

I dreamed that I brought Charles the gorilla home from the zoo to stay with me. He sat there by my frig eating up all my vegetables. I think meeting the Queen would be a better choice of dreams.
Catherine