Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does your pet have a human name?
Around my house, mostly yes. It seems I am part of a trend. many people are choosing human names for their pets.
I just like the sound of them and they seem more dignified than the usual names like fluffy and spot.

http://www.ksbw.com/article/does-your-pe...e/20065735

I have used a number of names that are on the list. I have a Molly and Bella right now. 
It seems more personal to use a real name. Even my spider is called Oscar and not something like Mr. Many Legs.
I did have a Mr. Many Legs years ago. Oscar is a more personal name.

I am sure there will always be plenty of Fluffys and Kittys and Rovers, but Grace, Jeanine and Wilfred just sound better to me.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I usually give my pets human names, they only ones that don't are Magik the cat and Spike the snake. My other snakes are called Benny, Eddy, Kevin, and Rupert. My dog is called Marley and gecko called Amy. The majority of my past pets have also had human names.
My cat is Bessie I didn't name she had that name when I got her at 4 1/2 I didn't want to change it.
I usually choose human names. Oddly I have never used the names of either of your pets, except for Amy my Hognose snake. Her nickname is Amiable. I call her that when she is in a hissy huffy mood. Its a hognose thing.

Sometimes I use place names for snakes because the word is pretty sounding. I have a Sedona and a Pembina. I get the gender wrong so often that it is  a little frustrating. Rosie Pine is of course a male and Daniel Pine is a female. Smiley4 

I always revert back to human names. My current guinea pigs are Larry and Joey. Cinnamon was already named. When I brought Martha home her little daughter looked like a little muffin and the name stuck.
I still like using real names. Fluffy and spot just don't feel right for a pet that I respect.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine