Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woman helping stray dogs in Sochi.
(reported in the Boston Globe by David Filipov.)

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2014/0...ml?camp=fb

Vlada Provotorova has set up a rudimentary shelter. She and friends collect as many dogs as they can, then the dogs are neutered, vaccinated, de-flea'd, and she finds homes for them. Even though they can't save as many as they would like, they do what they can. What a wonderful thing she is doing, blessings to her.
What an amazing woman she is. She can't save them all, but she is saving the ones she can and she is doing so against her government which in Russia is not so safe a thing to do. I hope she inspires other locals to help. I really hope she embarrasses the government and the exterminators.

All the dogs seem to be gentle loving creatures. They just need homes.
They must have been raised as pets. I suppose they have a lot of unwanted litters because there are no spay and neuter programs. Maybe they can get things going to have programs to help people prevent so many puppies. If they can get the stray problem under control then there is no need to kill any animal.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

A heart of gold.

God bless her.
Heart It is our deeds, the accumulated acts of goodness and kindness that define us and ultimately are the true measure of our worth. Service is the coin of the spirit.Heart

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
I totally agree with the comments above. A wonderful lady, who deserves all the blessings which we can send her.

The real truth behind the cull is in the article here:
".....one stray walked in on a rehearsal of Friday’s Olympic opening ceremony.

“God forbid something like this happens at the actual opening ceremony,” Sorokin told the agency. “This will be a disgrace for the whole country.”

Translation: It would be a disgrace for President Vladimir Putin, who has staked his prestige on these Games improving Russia’s image as a modern economic power. So Sorokin got the go-ahead to act."

Whether Russia is a "modern economic power" does not matter to me. What does matter is whether it has a government which has looks beyond mere reputation and money towards ethical goals, such as compassion for all creation.
A fine post, dear Peter.

Mind you 'compassion for all creation' .... with Cameron's Conservatives?! Glass houses and all that.

I'd settle for 'compassion for any part of creation' with that lot ...
Heart It is our deeds, the accumulated acts of goodness and kindness that define us and ultimately are the true measure of our worth. Service is the coin of the spirit.Heart

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Quote:Mind you 'compassion for all creation' .... with Cameron's Conservatives?! Glass houses and all that.

I'd settle for 'compassion for any part of creation' with that lot ...

I guess I can't throw stones either when you look at Canada's current government.

I wish all governments, Russia included would show some kindness. Instead of fearing a stray dog might walk into an event, maybe they should fear that we see how heartless they are. They let the dogs be strays and did not help them. Now they want the problem solved instantly. We would respect them more if they helped rescue the dogs.

Good thing the world has wonderful people who arise to the challenge and do the kind and loving thing. Heart
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine