Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mistaken dog identity
In a number of cases people have brought home dogs only to find out they are not dogs. In some cases I can understand the mistake. They do start out looking like dogs. 

http://mentalfloss.com/article/544717/ca...g-identity

To my eyes the raccoon dog does not look like a raccoon or a dog. I don't know about the fox. Foxes do have some differences from dogs. Maybe the person did not closely examine the "pup" or rather  kit. How could anyone mistake a bear cub for a dog?

If you don't know for sure it is a dog, maybe it isn't.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Well if this wasn't disruptive and even scary for those animals, it would be quite funny! Not one of them really looks like a dog to me. Foxes are so different for a start -and a Bear is always a Bear no matter how small it is!

I can possibly imagine someone mistaking a Wolf cub or a Coyote cub for a pup.
I don't think people really examined the animals closely. There are physical differences that should have been noticeable.
There is no way the feet of a bear look like the feet of a dog. You are right, foxes are foxes. Even if it is a different colour, it would have looked like a fox.

I just find it hard to believe that people didn't know they didn't have a dog. 
It did disrupt the animals' lives an that is sad. Maybe these people were not sure what a dog should look like.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine