Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moose in the pool
Smile 
This gives new meaning to the word pool party, but I must say, they didn't offer the moose any refreshments. Of course he was an uninvited guest.

I love the human discussion in the background. The moose is calmly swimming around the pool and the people are wondering if they are insured for this. The moose gracefully steps over their chairs without hurting them. He simply steps over the fence and leaves. All their discussion about opening the gate and how to make him leave are silly. The moose knows what he is doing. he felt like a swim on a hot day.Smiley4
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

The moose certainly knew what he was doing. Who wouldn't want a swim on a hot day? I bet he'll be back!! I wonder if he'll bring his friends!!
Greeting from Wales.
Hwyl Fawr o'r Cymru.
This is the web site of the rescue I volunteer at.
http://guinearescue.blogspot.co.uk/
I just think a moose in your pool is something you would never expect in a million years. He seemed so at home and he chose to do a swim before leaving. When he left he just stepped over things and was gone. I presume that is how he got in.Smiley4

What's next, a black bear?
Catherine

HAHA! That is one Moose having a good chill-out. I only hope the chlorine doesn't get to him. Who cares about a little Moose-pee? It's worth it for the stunning pics!

Oh it's so funny..."Do we have Moose insurance...?"
I have watched it a few times and I laugh at the people and their reactions. They think they are deciding what to do and the moose is completely in charge. Moose insurance?79
I notice that when he left he gracefully stepped over things and did no damage at all. I doubt he would pee in the water. Most animals have enough sense to keep their water clean.

He actually went for a good swim in the deep end. I wonder if he will come back. I think they should have offered him a snack. Even uninvited and unexpected house guest deserve good hospitality.Smiley4
Catherine

(02-18-2014, 02:12 PM)Catherine Wrote: I think they should have offered him a snack. Even uninvited and unexpected house guest deserve good hospitality.Smiley4
Perhaps they should have offered him mousse cake?! 85
The people did right staying indoors and keeping out of the way. If they'd gone outside the moose would have panicked, bulldozed through that fence and injured itself.

One must always be mindful when dealing with wild animals. Even if your intentions are noble the animal might not understand it that way. Always wise to reflect first on how the animal might react and wheter intervention is necessary.
Heart It is our deeds, the accumulated acts of goodness and kindness that define us and ultimately are the true measure of our worth. Service is the coin of the spirit.Heart

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
I love it! Mousse cake! LOL!

You are so right, Knight. Wild animals should be left to their own devices, unless it is certain they are in terrible difficulties. They can usually find their own way out of things, and don't need us to project our 'things' onto them.

This goes for baby deer found alone in the wild too. Usually the mother leaves them, while she goes foraging. They are quite safe, and she will return in her own good time. They don't need to be 'rescued' by humans -most of the time. Best to keep an eye on them, and if the mother hasn't returned in a couple of days, then maybe step in and help....

Same for baby birds who are found on the ground, out of their nests. The parents will continue to feed them. Best we let that happen, and don't interfere
Quote:Perhaps they should have offered him mousse cake?! 85
Good one.Smiley4

You are so right about leaving the moose alone. They are much heavier than most people realize. They can be almost 7 feet tall at the shoulder and can reach over 1500 pounds. Amazing that a creature so large can walk so delicately.

Even the smaller members of the deer family should be treated with respect. They are not really timid creatures. They are not so much aggressive as they are capable of defending themselves.
Catherine

That's so funny. he just wanted to cool off in the pool.