Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cat travels 80 miles stuck in the grill of a car.
Cats are great travelers and end up all over the place. One family arrived at a holiday destination and found they had picked up a feline hitch hiker.  They are not sure where they picked up the cat. He was stuck so it was quite a job to free him.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/j...d-focus-uk

I am glad the cat is alright and I wonder if someone will claim him. You wouldn't expect your pet cat to have traveled that far from home, but then we know that cats are great travellers. If he can't find is way home, it would be fitting to end up with the people he traveled with.  Maybe going home he could actually ride in the car and not in the grill of the car.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I am really glad that cat ended up all right after such a nightmare journey.  He must have been terrified. Thank goodness there was a happy ending.

Silly cat! What is it with cats and cars? They either have to be underneath them or inside them! Yet if you put a cat nicely into the soft plush back seat of a car it will go nuts!
Quote:Silly cat! What is it with cats and cars? They either have to be underneath them or inside them! Yet if you put a cat nicely into the soft plush back seat of a car it will go nuts!
Seriously! Cats and cars! I have traveled with a cat safely in a nice carrier in the comfortable car with me right there to keep it calm and it wailed for the whole 4 hour trip.

A cat will climb into the grill of a strange vehicle or the back of a moving truck and travel uncomfortably and be silent the whole time. If it had wailed they would have heard it. Why do cats travel like that?

I am glad the cat is safe. He will probably end up with the people he traveled with. Who knows how far he is from home. It would be hard to find his family unless he is microchipped.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine