Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rescue Colonel the Dog!
Poor old Colonel. Let's hope he is well somewhere.

Tobi, it looks like the Google search for your YouTube link resulted in an error on the last sweep of the net. But it is certainly up and working now. If you go to the YouTube page and click on "Tools" at the top of your Firefox Browser, then go down to "Web Developer" on that menu list, then "Page Source" on the submenu, you can see the code. It would seem that the "Yeah, keep it", "Undo" and "Close" refer to actions which a user can take with the page (see lines 157-159 of the code). I don't think it is anything sinister, rather a temporary malfunction of YouTube, which seems to have resulted in Google reading the html code as text on the page. Very strange.
The petition now has 1598 signatures, with more signatures coming in every few hours!
I wonder if we will ever know what happened to Colonel. Even if we don't we should still keep asking. Colonel deserves to be remembered.

What a joy it would be if he were returned safe and sound.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Tobi, do you have to reach a particular target before submitting the petition? BTW I looked on Google again about the video and the same words appear "Yeah, keep it", etc. and it is still showing as unavailable, even though it is available. Perhaps, as video creator, you could could lodge a complaint with Google?
Yes, the target is 2000.
It was a bit slow, as petitions go, mainly because the news about Colonel was a media 'flash in the pan' and after about 3 weeks he'd kind of been forgotten. And I didn't catch the first wave. (sorry to mix metaphors!)

But for a while now it seems to have taken on a life of its own. People must be sharing it quite widely. There are obviously many people who haven't forgotten.

Yes I saw "this video is unavailable"...that's been there for ages, but there have still been quite a few visitors. I put a note about that on the petition page. If they are anything like me they will click on it anyway. It is possible that might be an error message to do with Flash Player.... I'm unsure. I do keep getting error messages for Flash Player now and again, and yet it works perfectly well.
Only 111 signatures to go now and we will be sending the petition:

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/rescu...el-the-dog

Better late than never.

I don't know whether I hope he is still alive, or was mercifully released some time ago maybe to join his handler in the next world.
But so many people have shown they care. Every day.
I hope you get the signatures that you need. Maybe the timing is good. It will show the military that we have not forgotten Colonel the dog.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Please keep us posted.