Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reptile photos
Smiley58 Wow! Bock it is good to hear from you. How have you been?

You are right about the pictures. They are very good.

Benny and JD would be a good breeding. You would get a nice mix of colours. There is always the chance that there is a hidden recessive that you don't know about. 

Eddy is still a young female. My older girls are closer to ten and my younger girls are 3-4 years. Eddy is in her prime breeding years and she will be for some time. Caitrin is around ten(or more) and her clutch size dropped off this year.  

I have a recessive gene for a striped corn snake. Instead of patterns there are straight lines down the length of the snake.
It is beautiful. I know some of my snakes carry the trait and I know some might carry the trait. I seem to have the gene from two different lines. Sadly Sam who has fathered stripes is  getting old and he has stopped breeding.  Caitrin bred to David produced a few babies. There was a stripe, but it was still born. Either the trait is fragile or  it was just bad luck. 
Breeding has its ups and downs. If I do get some stiped corns it will be worth it. In the mean time I am trying to decide who with who will give me the best chance of stipes.

It is the work of many years. Some of my young ones haven't been sexed yet. They are still pretty small.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

(06-27-2018, 07:34 AM)Bock Wrote: Gorgeous photographs. Are you a professional, by any chance? Because if not, you certainly could be. The Caiman lizard is a beauty! I've never seen one before.

You have some beautiful pets. The hatching photos are so sweet and pure.

Thank you Smile Actually I'm a hobbyist but I have done some jobs (mainly weddings and local music gigs) but I never advertise.
You have a good eye for colour and composition in your pictures.

I am curious. What surface did you photograph you snakes on? It shows them off perfectly.
Catherine

I used black Perspex. I bought a 60cm x 60cm sheet specifically for my reptile shots and a black muslin cloth for the background.
That is why you are getting such beautiful colours. They stand out against the black. It is also consistent. Each snake is on the same background so it is easier to compare their colours.
Catherine