Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is FedEx really at fault here?
I feel like it's a scam to get people angry and attack FedEx. I still think that if it really did happen it's the owners fault and they seem a little too greedy. I tried following the links but in true Facebook fashion it's hard to track and the woman just talks about job offers and other crap. There's no mention of a dog. Either way the "owners" do not seem to be very good people.
Good detective work Catherine.
It does sound rather iffy to me now.

What you mentioned about deliberate cruelty in order to beg money off people.....I had never thought of that. How horrific. I honestly hope that doesn't happen, but suppose if it can -it will, among certain people who are lacking emotionally/mentally.

Every time a scam is exposed, or people are on their guard, it will hopefully deter others from trying the same...(?)
There have been quite a few scams lately. Remember all the people we have had post on the Forum about a sick animal, but there was never any proof that there was an animal. This is similar.

This is probably a scam to pressure FedEx into giving them money. They are trying to get us to flood FedEx with angry posts so that they will give in and pay the people. I am not sure there ever was a dog so I think we don't need to feel bad about a dog being euthanized. If the dog existed and was so important to them, why is there no mention of him in their lives? (I looked through hundreds of pictures on her page and there were no dog pictures, except for the one asking for money from FedEx)

Because she wanted to get people interested in her cause, her Facebook page is very public. I found it through Google. Of course it helps that I have a Facebook page. Facebook likes to connect people. I did not comment however, I looked and left.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

What a shame if this was a scam, but we all know that kind of thing runs rampant on the web. Sad
One thing to mention though and I am in no way defending these people as I don't know the whole story. Just what I've read here.
But in regards to the dog being in the driveway, I think we need to keep in mind the owners property and location. Our dog Payne is not leashed or penned. We live in the country and she knows her boundaries very well. We spent months with her when she was a puppy teaching her these boundaries.
She does not leave the yard and won't cross the boundary lines, but she does lie down in the driveway sometimes. A very long driveway, by the way.
I have had to get on to people in the past for "flying" down my driveway too fast. I have free range chickens, a cat, and our dog. This is their property and they should be able to be anywhere on it they choose and still feel safe.
Not trying to start anything just pointing out that depending on the circumstances dogs shouldn't always need to be restrained or contained on their own property. If someone ran over one of my animals on my property I would hold them fully responsible.
[Image: m0223.gif] Come join the fun! [Image: m0218.gif]
mypetsonparade.com
(02-24-2014, 05:39 AM)AnimalFamily Wrote: What a shame if this was a scam, but we all know that kind of thing runs rampant on the web. Sad
One thing to mention though and I am in no way defending these people as I don't know the whole story. Just what I've read here.
But in regards to the dog being in the driveway, I think we need to keep in mind the owners property and location. Our dog Payne is not leashed or penned. We live in the country and she knows her boundaries very well. We spent months with her when she was a puppy teaching her these boundaries.
She does not leave the yard and won't cross the boundary lines, but she does lie down in the driveway sometimes. A very long driveway, by the way.
I have had to get on to people in the past for "flying" down my driveway too fast. I have free range chickens, a cat, and our dog. This is their property and they should be able to be anywhere on it they choose and still feel safe.
Not trying to start anything just pointing out that depending on the circumstances dogs shouldn't always need to be restrained or contained on their own property. If someone ran over one of my animals on my property I would hold them fully responsible.

It really depends on if they live within city limits or not. It sounds like you live out in the county. I live in the city limits where we have leash laws. If my dogs were off leash or out of the fence in our driveway then it would be our fault if they were hit. But if you live in the country then yes they should admit fault and pay animal bills. I would even sew. If you have a large amount of land especially with roaming chickens then it would be at your own discretion whether or not to fence your pets and delivery people would have to accept and abide by that.
But I'm assuming that they are in city limits on 1/4 an acre or less. So you have people living 10 feet apart or less from each other and thousands of cars traveling on the roads near your house. I've had lots of people pull into the end of my driveway just to turn around. It's just common since to keep your dog safe and out of the driveway if you live a the city. Not just a delivery person but any common Joe could run over your dog like the FedEx person if they are off leash of have access to the driveway. Especially the end of your driveway. That's why city's have leash laws. It's not to make people angry and inconvenience people. It's to keep pets safe from getting run over and drivers safe from roaming pets.
That's why I think it's the owners fault and not FedEx.
Country vs. city you are dealing with very different circumstances. Farmers cannot "leash" all their animals. Cities however usually have such strict laws that no dog is allowed to be off the leash. We have special off leash dog parks so that dogs can run freely some of the time.

I think this is a city dog situation. I looked through many Facebook pictures and could find no mention of a dog until they start asking for money. There is no post about the animal being injured. It is just a demand from FedEx for money for vets bills. There is nothing personal about the loss of the dog. There are no pictures of the dog with the family. There is no mention of any details about the dog as it was in life. There is just a demand for money. I don't sense any emotional content. They use words like beloved pet, but they don't talk about max as an actual pet. Think about how we talk about pets we have lost and then look at the Facebook page. I have my doubts about the truth of this story.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine