Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mob kills crocodiles
This is a shocking story. I don't think the humans in it come across too well. 
A man entered the breeding area sanctuary for local crocodiles. Understandably he was killed. What he did was dangerous and foolish.  After his funeral a mob of villagers entered the crocodile sanctuary breeding group and  killed 292 crocodiles.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/indonesia-m...-1.4014644

The crocodiles were only doing what you would expect of them. They were in their own area living their own lives. The human was killed when he intruded in their sanctuary. How can they justify taking revenge on animals like that and how can they justify such extreme revenge.

I hope there are consequences for their actions, but I doubt there will be. Reptiles are seldom given protection and acts of cruelty against them are usually dismissed. This was a brutal mob killing of defenseless animals. It should be treated as such.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

So sad. Yet another example of humans projecting their own mentalities onto animals. Crocodiles don't understand "revenge" killing. They don't even know they did wrong by killing a human who shouldn't have ventured in there in the first place. He went in without respect. And the people acted without understanding or respect.
Yes it was a senseless killing. And I bet that the Crocodiles were not even killed humanely....
I looked at the pictures and they were killed brutally. There were babies crocodiles in with the adults. It was a breeding ground so many females were probably pregnant. Some would have left behind nests of eggs that won't survive without their mother.

All this cruelty because someone put themselves in danger and died as a result. Angry
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine