Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A bird miracle!
Smile 
The reptile centre I volunteer at also has birds. We hand raised a little green parrot and he lives with a wonderful family now.
Tonight the unthinkable happened. It is hot here and doors are being left open and sure enough he got out and disappeared. They searched and couldn't spot him so they came and told us what happened. We planned to ask around  in hopes that someone might have seen a bird.

Not half an hour later a woman came in and said  "Did you lose a bird"
[Image: kbzYO3sr6ibdTbLVd0GJWF9VN3NVnKsJnRfBvySO...=w155-h275]

We called the owner and she came right over.
[Image: uim_Hgwgi8gCESciFrHuIn5LRMLe5CFqGiqIlxPl...=w155-h275]
It was our missing parrot. He flew from the house and landed right on someone's head. She had enough sense to recognize a parrot and pick him up.

We thought we might ask around and after a few days we might hear word of him. 
I can't believe they were reunited so quickly. Sometimes miracles do happen. The bird approached someone who knew what to do. It all worked out right.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Amazing! That's a perfect ending. I'm glad that happened. It would have been horrible for him to have been out alone in the city. It seems he knew what to do for the best and headed to a person he liked and felt he could trust. Clever bird.
The person he flew to is a lot like his owner.  So he made the judgement to seek out a similar person. Some of these parrots are very clever. This is a young bird. Can you imagine how smart he will be as an adult.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine