Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russian billionaire helps save Sochi dogs
http://www.care2.com/greenliving/russian...-dogs.html

Oleg Deripaska has built a shelter on the mountainside, where stray dogs and puppies are taken. This will provide extra time for local animal rescue groups to find more permanent solutions.
The shelter is called "Povodog" and already houses about 1000 dogs.

Good man!
I am so glad that someone has stepped up to help the dogs. If they can be sheltered safely, then there is time to sort out homes. There are always places where dogs can go, but it takes time to sort out how many dogs and where.

Our local Humane Society regularly takes dogs from other shelters that are over crowded. Once here in a big city it is easy to find homes.
The Sochi dogs are nice looking and friendly. I am sure many animal lovers will want one. I hope they can arrange some airlifts to bring groups of dogs out of the area. Of course they can all be vaccinated and sterilized so the stray problem will be under control.

Killing is never the answer. There are always other options.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Thanks for posting this thread, Tobi. It made my day.
At the last minute there is a good solution. I am sure with his help they can save a great many dogs.
Catherine

The good thing is rescue of these hapless dogs.
We are really happy about it. I hope in the end all the dogs find loving homes.Heart
Catherine