Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amazing tricks! Jumpy the dog
I usually dislike dogs doing tricks. But someone emailed me this video tonight, and I must say -I am impressed!
Jumpy is pretty phenomenal!

http://www.youtube.com/embed/5I_QzPLEjM4?rel=0
That is awesome! I need to train Mia to do some of those! Those type of dogs are perfect for that high level of training because they are so high energy that if you don't keep them busy and entertained they can get into a lot of trouble and mischief.
What an amazing dog! He is so clever. I think he was having fun doing the tricks. He certainly looked like the skate board was fun for him.
I did not know dogs could do back flips.

So would Mia enjoy doing stuff like that. She certainly is smart and high energy.

Don't you love the internet. We can find so many fun things to watch. Smiley4
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Wow, what fun he seemed to be having!! Don't you just love an intelligent dog? Of course the "Dumb Mutts" are adorable too.
Greeting from Wales.
Hwyl Fawr o'r Cymru.
This is the web site of the rescue I volunteer at.
http://guinearescue.blogspot.co.uk/
Great thread, Tobi! I've seen quite a few dog stunt videos, but in this one the dog is definitely enjoying what he is doing. The tone of voice of the caretaker is kind and loving. I enjoyed watching this video.
Yes it was obvious he was enjoying himself.

You're right Libby. Some dogs really need some structured work to do, and interaction with their human.

It's a question of knowing our dogs. For some, this sort of thing would be too weird! Misty wasn't one for 'tricks'. She would just have said "Duhhhh?" if I'd asked her to do a back-flip!
But we always managed to do some stunts in our dreams! And even I did back-flips then!
(02-23-2014, 04:04 PM)Catherine Wrote: What an amazing dog! He is so clever. I think he was having fun doing the tricks. He certainly looked like the skate board was fun for him.
I did not know dogs could do back flips.

So would Mia enjoy doing stuff like that. She certainly is smart and high energy.

Don't you love the internet. We can find so many fun things to watch. Smiley4

it wouldn't take much Mia can do some of the jumps on her own just getting her to do it when I ask would be the question. I can get her to jump against a tree when I ask. I wanna teach the left and right thing though. That would be funny. and to hike her leg would be hilarious.

it's an amazing dog though. You can tell her really does love it and trusts his handler completely.
That is an amazing dog and the bond is so obvious. They really work together. Of course while the dog is doing the tricks he has the guys undivided attention. So maybe the dog has the man trained as well.

Mia might like the attention that goes with the tricks and she might like to be doing stuff. I am sure back flips are not for everyone, I wouldn't even try them in my dreams, however there must be lots of things Mia would do. The right and left thing is interesting.

Clever dogs are great, but you do have to love the Dumb mutts that are barely smart enough to find their food dish. They need our love too.Heart
Catherine

Awww! Here's a great big hug for those lovely "dumb mutts" who can barely find their food dish. They have so much love to give. It's not all about being an athletic genius!
I agree someone has to love the dumb pets.
I have met some clever dogs, but I have met a few dim bulbs. A big hug to them all.Heart
Catherine